What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
I would personally want the stantec tower to be increased in height once more, but I doubt that will happen. It will for sure change Edmonton forever though!

Yes, it most certainly will be Edmonton's iconic structure in terms of skyline prominence for many years to come. The terminal height -- 69 storeys -- doesn't bother me so much. The height compliment with the adjacent towers is rather pleasing. And David Pontarini's arrangement of structures leaves open the light and warmth (and shelter) of the plaza area from south and western aspects very nicely, putting a strong focal emphasis on the winter garden connection to the arena. I like the design of tower "B" very much and the current rendering of the Marriott and Legends suggests that these two towers are very complementary, one to the other. I hope that Dave Sutherland is right and that there have been no further changes to the design of the hotel + residences. I also am a big fan of the design for the Edmonton City tower.

Mar 30 - Core about to rise a bit

Marriott/Legends looks to be approaching grade - other than the guesses being thrown out does anyone know when the expected date may be? Can not wait to see these buildings come out of the ground.

Checking on the website @Daveography, I think they are pouring the lid of P4 and the floor of P3 -- that is assuming the first level down is P1. Seems like they are going to have a 2-level parking garage lobby where the hotel core abuts -- if so, patrons will debark at P2 -- one level up from the current pour. Regardless, this would match the floor of P3 with the rest of the parking structure.

Back