It'd be cool if whoever ends up developing this site could pay homage to its past by making one of the towers hexagonal. It would probably screw with the unit layouts though

More of our Modernist heritage bites the dust, what a shame. I guess it was inevitable after the demolition of the rest of the site. We're going to see a repeat of the regrettable pattern of destruction that led to so much of our Victorian heritage getting razed; "outdated" and "dreary" buildings too old to be fashionable, but too new to be historically valuable (to the simpletons that are in charge at least). Such a shame, I've always loved this tower, as well as the Dickinson designed portion that was torn down a few years ago.

We're not going to have much to show for all this destruction, since I have trouble believing that much of what's been built in the past two decades will have any true lasting power. Cheap architecture for a throwaway generation.

The location is beautiful with all the green surrounding it and I would imagine that the units will all be in hot demand. Also, with news of Wrigley closing their factory up Leslie, I'm guessing we'll see more developments in that area.

I do agree though that with this rush to build as many condos as possible too many things are getting torn down without much thought.

The location is beautiful with all the green surrounding it and I would imagine that the units will all be in hot demand. Also, with news of Wrigley closing their factory up Leslie, I'm guessing we'll see more developments in that area.

I do agree though that with this rush to build as many condos as possible too many things are getting torn down without much thought.

It definitely has quick access to the ravine and future transit stop at Leslie, but other than the car dealership there isn't a huge amount within a 10 min walk...

The Celestica lands are right across the tracks, and there is a massive redevelopment proposal in for those. There will also be a massive fight build that though, as the City is pretty stubborn about keeping industrial lands industrial. In due course we shall see, but… at some point, the Inn on the Park lands could have quite a bit within walking distance on the other side of the tracks.

Or under!

Who knows, there could be a GO Station here some day.

According to today's NRU article, proposal is for 4 buildings (28+29+34+39 storeys) as reported above, together with 20 townhouses, total of 1,380 units and 1,397 parking spaces.

Applicant is IOTP Development Inc. and Deltera Inc. ... effectively Tridel

Architect is Graziani + Corazza Architects Inc.

The design looks rather interesting, I admire the multi facet façade proposed, some resemblance to Garrison Point ... due to NRU copyright the image can not be reposted here, feel free to go check out the NRU article

…and now our dataBase file is live and linked above, and our story is up on the front page. Plenty of pixels awaiting your attention.

…and now our dataBase file is live and linked above, and our story is up on the front page. Plenty of pixels awaiting your attention.

It still seems strange to me, all these condo units and there isn't really much within walking distance. If people who live there want to grab a cup of coffee or groceries, will they have to drive? Although, I guess I'm wrong.. you can grab coffee from the car dealership :)

Back