Seems a little tall to me.

Tried to judge it off of the limited views from afar but as said much work to do! Fit these two in a quick 10 minute breather at work today haha

Here is from a different angle with quite a few other additions. Once again massive credit to Norm Li for his photos, simply amazing to get these angles and can't help but try to envision the future!
Future Toronto.jpg

Original photo by Norm Li: https://flic.kr/p/YTZi81

Attachments

• Future Toronto.jpg
    Future Toronto.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 1,123
Last edited:
The One's most recent Instagram and FB page advertising tower is posted 1043 ft and 80 Floors? It popped up as an add on my feed...
Has something changed?

Seems a little tall to me.

Yes a bit too tall. A good reference point is the skyscraperpage diagrams http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=12 . The difference in height from One Bloor is essentially that uppermost section and a bit.
Nonetheless incredible work @Contra ! I thought I was looking at official material for a second there. The crown on YSL is stealing the show - I’m starting to like it more now. The crystalline profile is just what the skyline needs.

Yes a bit too tall. A good reference point is the skyscraperpage diagrams http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=12 . The difference in height from One Bloor is essentially that uppermost section and a bit.
Nonetheless incredible work @Contra ! I thought I was looking at official material for a second there. The crown on YSL is stealing the show - I’m starting to like it more now. The crystalline profile is just what the skyline needs.

Had to take a wild stab on the lighting for YSL but relatively confident that's the sort of spark we'll get from it! And for me The One will sit very proudly with it's truss lighting front and centre!

Tried to judge it off of the limited views from afar but as said much work to do! Fit these two in a quick 10 minute breather at work today haha

Here is from a different angle with quite a few other additions. Once again massive credit to Norm Li for his photos, simply amazing to get these angles and can't help but try to envision the future!
View attachment 124779
Original photo by Norm Li: https://flic.kr/p/YTZi81

It's amazing how dinky the previously bragged about "tallest in Canada" Trump Tower turned out. It's completely lost in the core. Kind of how a lot of what Trump brags about turns out. Remember how prominent it was featured in this forum's old logo?

37344300932_9b6c5d9ac9_o.jpg

Photo: Norm Li

The One looks set to take that title for real this time.

Attachments

• 37344300932_9b6c5d9ac9_o.jpg
    37344300932_9b6c5d9ac9_o.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 497
Agreed. That said the original proposals if memory serves me correct did have it towering over the area but got reduced in height. The One has the architect, the location and seems to be the catalyst for boom of supertalls in the city! Can't wait to see it grow.

Now we just need a few competing minor variance applications and we'll have a good old fashioned 1930s NYC race for the tallest.

It's amazing how dinky the previously bragged about "tallest in Canada" Trump Tower turned out. It's completely lost in the core. Kind of how a lot of what Trump brags about turns out. Remember how prominent it was featured in this forum's old logo?

Much of the building's design harkens back to the early 2000's when it was suppose to be a Ritz-Carlton (coincidentally what also happened with Trump Tower in Vancouver). The original proposal was around 75 storeys, and was by a small margin, was taller than FCP structurally - even without the spire. This was also long before any designs were unveiled for the stalled Bay-Adelaide Centre project., but the same design was trickled down, value engineered, and eventually shortened by the time construction began many years later. Bay-Adelaide West was already complete, and obstructed a significant portion of the building, but the design did not change. As for bragging, of course, but remember this was considered very tall in the days when it was proposed.

1 Bloor East (Bazis) was also an interesting one. While it was never going to be the tallest in the city, it was no slouch at 80s and roughly 290m approved. Many, like myself, were disappointed when Great Gulf brought it down to an initial 65s in favour of a larger footprint, but I think things eventually worked out just fine in the end. Well over 10 years from start to finish.

The One on the other hand has gone up at lightning speed, we're essentially under construction roughly 3 years since proposed. Surprising that nowhere has the marketing stated this being the 'tallest building in Canada'. Hopefully, because a taller one will be under-construction by the time this is complete :)

Back