And it would sound better to use her last name only.

Also, I'm surprised Celebration Sq. wasn't named after her. Civic squares are typically named after famous mayors.
Yesz great point. Naming the square after her would be appropriate. Leave Hurontario LRT unnamed.

Yesz great point. Naming the square after her would be appropriate. Leave Hurontario LRT unnamed.

If they left it at that, sure. But not also the library, the UTM library, the college campus, the walkway between city hall and Square One, the school, the transit line, the since-repealed legislation…

Even Mel Lastman just got one thing named for him.

If they left it at that, sure. But not also the library, the UTM library, the college campus, the walkway between city hall and Square One, the school, the transit line, the since-repealed legislation…

Even Mel Lastman just got one thing named for him.
The love everyone has for a politician that let her city crumble always confused me.

IMG_2398.jpeg
IMG_2397.jpeg

Night pics at Hurontario and Elm.

Elora And Sq One Roundabouts would remain as plan. Sq One and Prince of Wales could be like the one I saw in Maze AZ in 2018 where crossing gates were used for Traffic and pedestrian or be removed. Rathburn would remain traffic lights

Nothing more should be use to honor Hazel as there are too many now. I refused to call the LRT Hazel line and tag my photos as Hurontario LRT line 10.
Drum I drove past the area and noticed that at square one drive at confederation there is an island in the middle. Is the idea in the future that you would be able to continue through and then onto renforth via the roundabout?!

Drum I drove past the area and noticed that at square one drive at confederation there is an island in the middle. Is the idea in the future that you would be able to continue through and then onto renforth via the roundabout?!
Yes at this time as Rathburn, not Renforth since Renforth is to the east as part of Toronto

The Confederation Roundabout was planned before the loop got move to it. Sq One Dr been on the books well over a decade or more to service Parkside Village as well take pressure of Rathburn. Confederation for this area as well the overpass did not exist 15 years ago. Have photos of it been built.

Wait a second. To get this extension we have to rip out a tennis court? On the Tennis front Bianca still does not have a street named after her. I’d happily donate Joan drive north of Elm towards Fairview public school to be renamed Bianca court. How long can it take to fulfil a street name promise.
For those that dont know - the park is expecting a complete overhaul and the tennis courts are planning to be moved anyways.
The designs for the park that i've seen dont allow space for a square one drive extension though.

For those that dont know - the park is expecting a complete overhaul and the tennis courts are planning to be moved anyways.
The designs for the park that i've seen dont allow space for a square one drive extension though.
I was under the impression Sq One Dr would connect to Elora Dr which will require a sharp curve to it, removing trees, relocating existing transformer boxes and other work that I have seen first hand. Have never seen a plan for the extension.

May 2-4
A quick look at the work north of 407 saw waterline, sewer line and storm water system taking place for the southbound lanes south of Ray Lawson. Not sure what has taken place for the northbound lanes last yeas.

I found Brampton to be a make work area since day one until last fall. There is more work taking place on the northside up to Steeles now. The northbound lane has been removed south of Steeles.

There has been wet and dry work north of Steeles by the City of Brampton as far as I know that was started before the announcement of the extensions.

The Kingsbridge intersection needs to be pave to connect the Guideway to the road and will open as soon as the paving is done. Only pillions there now as everything else for the closure has been removed.

Hydro has installed new poles north of the 403 off ramp on the east side of Hurontario that replaced the leaning poles and taller than the old ones.

The southbound lanes south of King St still close off until you get to the fire station where traffic moves to the new lanes for Queensway intersection Guideway work that is still open yesterday and to day. Traffic swing back to the centre area south of the Queensway.

Crews were forming more curbing north of the QEW underpass as well the south side.

Looks like all the work is now completed for the northbound curb lane north of CP bridge, but a lot of material still there that will have to be remove before rebuilding of the curb, the road and sidewalk.

Since I rarely shot south of Dundas for the northbound lanes, cannot recall if it was done like the southbound other than having major work in places. The northbound lane and curb needs to be rebuilt and may happen once the southbound lanes are relocated.

The Derry station is still the same as January visit now I saw the east side which raise the question again about the supplier if they are still doing the work??

All my April 26 shots are now on line of OMSF and a few other locations.

More poles up at Edward and Topflight with string of the support system there
53693757266_fca0c30cf8_b.jpg

Fencing in place in front of the sound barrier wall to the far west of the yard with landscaping taking place.
53692872932_5c55ca89bf_b.jpg

53694200060_9e78ee7994_b.jpg

Once they get the expansion joints in place, finishing pouring the sidewalk, forming and pouring the curb at both end, then paving of the southbound lanes can tale place on both ends of the 407 overpass and the new ramp to 407 going east. Once done, work can shift to the northbound side and open in 2025 to allow the guideway to be built where traffic has to be switch to the southbound lanes.
53694199620_df6c0df569_b.jpg

53693757096_ef0989fe3e_b.jpg

53693756886_20aaca8f88_b.jpg

53694107584_b6c93eb232_b.jpg

I'm finding it hard to believe this will enter service before 2027. Almost double the planned construction time...

I'm finding it hard to believe this will enter service before 2027. Almost double the planned construction time...
I can see it in service by the end of 2026 and it depends on what is decided about the loop. They will be hard press to have it open by the end of 2025 considering the 407 is the major problem now getting the line open.

Once the loop open, service will be split into 2 routes like the current 2 and 17 to the point opening of the line take place after the loop is built so you don't have to confuse riders by not having a split line on opening day.

You can spilt the line on opening day for the current plan having 10A going south using the south track and 10B using the north track at Sq One Station that will deal with the loop when it opens.

You can have the 10C once the loop is in service that bypass Sq One station all together that will save riders 15 minutes that don't need to go to Sq One in the first place.

Once the full build out to Brampton and the addition of the parts around Mississauga are built out, will the maintenance facility be large enough?

Once the full build out to Brampton and the addition of the parts around Mississauga are built out, will the maintenance facility be large enough?
Yes as it was built to handle the 44 LRV for the full extension as proposed on day one. All LRV's are 48m long.

The current platforms being built will only handle one LRV and at a lost how they plan on extending them for 2 when it comes time to do so. Not to happen for 10-20 years base on Mobilinx time frame for them.

At the same time, how will the fill in station be built with a line in service? The Guideway tracks have been built for those in fill stations when it happens.

If they need more space, the yard can be extended to the west.

A big different between Line 5 fleet and TTC fleet to the point you need 3 LRV's for those lines compare to Line 10 that will only need 2 alone with line 6 if they need to go to 2.

Back