MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
A new DP in mission, located at 206 26 Av SW:

1715365015130.png

1715365043740.png

1715365075270.png

This is the second proposal on this site, the last one happening about a decade ago. We didn't have a thread for it, but there were a few posts about it, Cascata, in the general thread.

Curved balconies with iron railing on a square building. Simple but not too simple. In a way I like that it isn't the typical new development (see all over-busy spandrel with rectangles buildings) but I'm still not sure I like it. I might love it but I don't think so. Lets see if this is what we get.

I like it. What are the odds of this one or any of the other proposals getting built in the near future? It’s kinda sad that so much doubt comes with this and everyone one before that hasn’t broken ground 🤔

My mind is racing with the main floor being a windowless box and the main floor plan censored in the development permit.

Happy to see big balconies again. The ability to do thermal breaks, keep the slab, and not need post tensioning is amazing engineering.

I suspect this one is going public now to get ahead of the building code’s energy step up? Or has that already happened?

Back