• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Sept. 22, 2015

@Daveography what a strange thing. We looked into it and an error report was generated for "invalid image type," even though everything was a .jpeg and all of your other updates have seemed to work. It's good that you got through this time, although kind of adds to the strangeness of it all.

That rebuilt facade is looking great. Still baffled by what that protected chunk of rock is. Any info on that @Daveography ??

@someMidTowner It's an art piece, not sure the story behind it. There is a tree in the hole on top, and almost every spring one particular mama goose nests under it. I don't know how the goslings survive the tumble down the edge when it's time to migrate to the river, but they always seem to.

We've just featured a few of these awesome photos in a front page update, @Daveography. No goose facts made it in though, strangely.

Though we would totally welcome more goose facts when relevant.

I kind of love looking at the CMU and brick together at the top of the historic facade. Did they save [most of] the original brick?

@bennessb I believe they had saved all of the architectural brick, and it appears that it is all back up now. The newer-looking lighter brick will support the other carved stone architectural elements. Whoever was behind the dismantling and restoration deserves a huge kudos, they are doing fantastic work.

Back