Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
A development permit has been submitted for a new tower in Calgary's Eau Claire district. The project named 633 Third on the permit, will be located 633 - 3rd ave SW. Plans show a 46 storey mixed use tower that will have 21 floors of office on the lower half of the tower and 25 floors of residential consisting of 277 units above the office space.

Has there been any renders released for this building yet?

I'm surprised that we've heard nothing about this one yet. I've seen the render and it has potential to be one of the nicest towers in the city.

It's the reimagination of 3 Eau Claire into a single tower. It kind of flares out toward the top. Looks real nice. It's mixed-use like 3 Eau Claire as well.

Because of the office component this project is on indefinite hold. Bentall Kennedy's priority right now is the further development of Portfolio on 13 Ave SE

Because of the office component this project is on indefinite hold. Bentall Kennedy's priority right now is the further development of Portfolio on 13 Ave SE
I wonder what the odds are of the next portfolio stages starting up? With all the new rental that has started, I wouldn't expect them, to go ahead any time soon, but then again, I didn't expect Underwood or West Village Towers either.

It seems at this point the market is being driven more by trying to get capital into hard assets, chasing whatever meager returns one can get at the super low risk market that is Canadian real estate. Low risk as in: no war, low inflation, low political risk, not as in they are sure they will even make a commercial rate of return in the short term.

I wouldn't say super low risk. Everyone is banking on resale down the road. Income is just a meager bonus. Things could collapse leaving BCIMC, etc. with egg on their face.

I wouldn't say super low risk. Everyone is banking on resale down the road. Income is just a meager bonus. Things could collapse leaving BCIMC, etc. with egg on their face.
I think he means in comparison to countries involved in war, and unstable politics, etc.. Globally Canada's real estate market would be considered very stable.

Back