Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
A development along Centre St N called 'Centre Green' is almost complete. I am unable to find any kind of information on this project.

image (3).jpeg
image (2).jpeg

Attachments

• image (3).jpeg
    image (3).jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 494
  • image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 541
I like the general design and scale, but it's the color that throws things off. Even if they stuck with the beige only mixed with a dark trim it would have been much better. The main level needs some awnings or some signage.

I was going to put this one in our year-end poll but I too was unable to find any pertinent information. It probably wouldn't have been well-received anyways...
Yeah, it's strange. There is literally no info on this one. There was an advertisement with a rendering and the name 'Centre Green' but nothing else. No website or e-mail address.

Is it a crime to plant street trees in this city? Ugly, sure, but if we actually cultivated a healthy tree canopy along our major roads this building would look much, much better.

I actually don't mind this one that much. It turned out better than the rendering at least, so I'm cool with that I guess. I'm not saying it's good, I just don't think it's completely wretched.

I actually don't mind this one that much. It turned out better than the rendering at least, so I'm cool with that I guess. I'm not saying it's good, I just don't think it's completely wretched.
I'm with UW on this one. While not the height of architectural design, it's better than the suburban style piece of junk to the north of it. If they got rid of the pinkish salmon color, it would actually be decent IMO.

You guys are right about no information for this one. I think it is being built with Chinese money. Not sure if that money is coming from here or China. I think the Chinese Cultural Association is taking up some of the retail bays. This building took forever! My wife and I moved in a block away just about three years ago and they had already completed excavation at that point. Marquee on 16th was must faster.

Back