Groundbreaking this Wednesday for Phase 1!

There have also been some substantial design updates for the office tower. I will post HQ renderings when they become available- all I have currently are blurry photo of slides from the design meeting.

Here's the most recent HQ (now outdated) rendering of the project:
CZGMZQAVAAA2_qt

Which was, in itself, a huge improvement over earlier iterations:
15cdb41.jpg

Groundbreaking today! That means HQ renderings galore. This is such an exciting project.

We also have a rename- this development is now known as "The Hub on Causeway" So:

Boston | The Hub on Causeway | 183m | 30s | 152m | 47s | Boston Properties | Gensler

Still don't have exact height figures, but I expect the residential tower to top off at around 500' and the office tower to top of at 600', including the spire. These are just guestimates, so I'll update when I find them.

The tower floor numbers are from this press release with an additional 9-floor podium. The hotel tower mentioned in it is joined at the hip to the residential tower, so I'm not including it.

This is a phased project. Phase 1 will be the podium, Phase 2 will be the residential/hotel tower, and Phase 3 will be the office tower. The podium will include a large movie theater and the city's largest supermarket.

All renderings below are from Boston Properties and Gensler.

Great news!

Just a bit confused about the number of storeys. I guess the stats in the article are excluding the podiums, which seem to rise 8 storeys for the office portion and step down to 5(ish) for the residential portion. So would the floor count instead be 29 storeys for the office and 43 for the residential? Or am I reading things wrong?

Great news!

Just a bit confused about the number of storeys. I guess the stats in the article are excluding the podiums, which seem to rise 8 storeys for the office portion and step down to 5(ish) for the residential portion. So would the floor count instead be 29 storeys for the office and 43 for the residential? Or am I reading things wrong?

Hi Marcanadian, I think you're right. I think I was reading a bit too much into the press release I attached in my last post, suggesting a 9-storey podium across the board. 29 for the office and 43 for the residential seem more reasonable in retrospect.

No worries, sometimes these press releases are frustrating. They skip the podium floors or the unlucky numbers and you're left with an inaccurate picture.

In addition to some minor design updates, excavation has begun!

Spire update on office tower: Made a bit more substantial (not unlike the new Comcast building in Philadelphia)
Height is still unclear for the spire, unfortunately.

Back