What do you think of this project?

• I like it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
^ Ya, sorry about that. :oops: Do you remember 10 years ago or more in the old strip mall that used to be there, there was a donair shop called Charles Smart (I think) & a flag shop? It's been an empty lot for a long time, prime for some development one of these days. I was told by the community league its owned by ESSO.

^ Ya, sorry about that. :oops: Do you remember 10 years ago or more in the old strip mall that used to be there, there was a donair shop called Charles Smart (I think) & a flag shop? It's been an empty lot for a long time, prime for some development one of these days. I was told by the community league its owned by ESSO.
It could be. Although according to discussions I had when I was on the board of directors for the French Quarter business association I seem to remember something being said that the owner was some guy with a numbered company out of Seattle or somewhere around there.

Rode past this today, got a quick photo of the site. there's a for sale sign on it, has that always been there, or is it new?
IMG_9907.JPG

I gotta admit, after seeing the renders, the EDC comments seem a bit harsh. it is a box, and the facade at grade is a bit awkward, but all in all this doesn't look that bad to me. maybe the colours are a bit uninspired, a setback at the third or fourth floor would be nice, but this doesn't seem that bad to me.

Description: To construct a 45 Dwelling Multi-unit Housing building with underground parkade, and to demolish 3 existing Single Detached Houses and detached garages.
Permit date: December 17, 2020
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class A
Address: 10019 - 83 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: STRATHCONA
Zoning: RA8,RA8,RA8

the land is for sale if you've got a cool $1.8 mil burning a hole in your pocket

If we could get rid of even a quarter of the countless tired and old walk-ups in Edmonton's central neighbourhoods with projects like this, Edmonton would become a hell of a lot more dense and it would attract the type of clientele we want to see live in and around these parts (i.e. young professionals).

If we could get rid of even a quarter of the countless tired and old walk-ups in Edmonton's central neighbourhoods with projects like this, Edmonton would become a hell of a lot more dense and it would attract the type of clientele we want to see live in and around these parts (i.e. young professionals).
Several major fires lately with walk ups in the Stathcona area, so there may be an opportunity sooner rather than later to build something newer, bigger and better

Back