What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
104 Street is becoming a very dense corridor. I kind of wish there was a tower or two on the east side of the street though, to even things out. Right now it feels like a bit of a wall. I guess once some of the towers on 106 St get built, it won't be so bad.

SDAB appeal for the "megabar" is being heard on Nov. 2:

II 10:30 A.M. SDAB-D-16-275
Change the use from General Retail to a Bar and Neighbourhood Pub (maximum of 400 occupants and 691m2 of Public Space)
10204 - 104 Street NW
Project No.: 188282372-001

http://edmontontribunals.ca/docs/November_2_2016-HR3.pdf

Oct. 26

I definitely disagree, the Foxes podium are too drab and dated looking and not in a good, historical way. These towers are a 6 at best whereas the Ultima is a 9, the only good thing about the Foxes is the view/location.

Agree with Dave here. The podium on Fox looks much better than the Ultima. While I liked the tower portion much more on Ultima, I was really disappointed with the podium. The Ultima bottom portion of the podium with the glass and surrounding frame doesn't transition very well into the brick above it. I think the Fox has a better uniform look.

For now, I am with Hilman on this one -- but the saving grace for Foxes might exist in the tenant mix and the street facades-to-come in tenant build-outs.

I prefer the massing of the Fox podium, but I wish they had a bit of variety in the brick colour to make it appear like more than one podium.

Back