• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
July 21 - forms are at grade

@Jarodsc17 the ground floor slab of the hotel has a lot more components to it than a simple structural slab -- embedded services (especially electrical and data lines) -- so it was natural for a slow-down here. It will be similar for all of the podium floors. The real speed-up will occur when construction reaches typical tower floors -- should be like one new floor per week (roughly).

Here's the optimist in me expressing an opinion -- I expect that the core will go up (ground level "soft storey") within the next week and all of the structural column pours will occur within the next 2 weeks. The second level of the podium will start by mid-August and by September 1st the core will rise to the next level.

Above the podium, the tower will rise at a floor per week -- by Christmas, the hotel build-out should be on the 16th floor; the office building should be on the 10th. Gentleman's bet time -- where do you think that the floor-level of Marriott will be and where will the Stantec level be? My guess is 16/10.

Back