39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

flar

Member Bio
Reaction score
Goodbye, Hamilton

00227.jpg

I moved to Ottawa this week, but as one of my last acts as a Hamiltonian, I did something I always wanted to do and went up to the roof of Landmark Place for some photos. Over the next while I will post the few remaining Hamilton neighbourhood tours and that will be it for the Hamilton series

SCROLL--------->
night_downtown.jpg

00168.jpg

00156.jpg

00282.jpg

00086.jpg

00020.jpg

00192.jpg

00140.jpg

00128.jpg

00186.jpg

00184.jpg

00024.jpg

00064-1.jpg

00288.jpg

00088.jpg

00084.jpg

00040.jpg

00066.jpg

00232.jpg

00056.jpg

00008.jpg

00098-1.jpg

00048.jpg

00082.jpg

00066-1.jpg

00030.jpg

00118.jpg

00224.jpg

00314.jpg

SCROLL--------->
industrial.jpg

00172.jpg

00068.jpg

00038.jpg

00072.jpg

00196.jpg

00092.jpg

SCROLL--------->
downtown_west.jpg
goodbye.jpg

These are amazing, flar. Thanks for posting them! What a city.

Can't wait to see some Ottawa photos!

edit: just wanted to add as well that your Hamilton photo threads have been phenomenal. I've spent hours enjoying them.

Last edited:
thanks for all your hard work that was put into these photo tours. i've definitely enjoyed them and look forward to your picks from ottawa.

HAMILT-OWNS!

( ((
\ =\
__\_ `-\
(____))( \----
(____)) _
(____))
(____))____/----

Thanks for the memories, Flar.

fantastic work my friend, what an awesome set from this vantage point! Hamilton is often an under rated city because of the proximity to Toronto, but I find that it maintains its history much better. I agree with one of the previous comments that Hamilton feels more like an American city... Pittsburgh for example. And the wide one way streets are impressive to view from above...

Anyways, good luck with your new life in Ottawa!

Excellent work flar. I don't know where you would find better pictures of Hamilton than those you have posted. I am a native of Hamilton and think I know the city pretty well, but you brought new perspectives in many of your threads.

Best wishes in Ottawa, and I'm sure many of us would be interested in seeing your take on that city.

Good luck with the relocation, flar! I'll eagerly be awaiting your perspective of Ottawa.

That being said, i'm sure going to miss your insight (and beautiful photos) into Hamilton's neighborhoods. Thanks for all your hard work and effort!

:)

I used to live in Ottawa and I know you'll be happy there. Lots of great neighbourhoods and institutional buildings in both Ottawa & Hull. I hope you continue your photo tours, they are very enjoyable, thorough and educational. I definitely think you should ask the Hamilton Archives if they are interested in your work, as it is quite extensive. Happy relocation!

Thank you. I've very much enjoyed your Hamilton shots even as a lurker for a while and they've helped me appreciate Hamilton a bit more, though, unlike most of my friends, I've always liked the city.

Hope you enjoy Ottawa more than I did (or ever could).

:)

Flar's Farewell to Hamilton...

Flar and everyone: Great pics from the air here! You truly saved some of your best pics for last here-how I missed this I do not know but I enjoy these pics!

If you explore Ottawa anywhere close to the way you pictured Hamilton I among others will be looking forward to some neat Ottawa area pics!

Thanks again for all the great Hamilton pics-LI MIKE

Back