Excavation is well underway

20240317_153830.jpg
20240317_153923.jpg

What makes you say that?

On a macro, industry wide trend, it's very common for most condo projects to be completed later than their initial forecasted timelines. It's often expected to have projects be completed 6 months to even 1 year later than expected.

In regards to the progress made here, I haven't passed by here since the last pics from mid-March were posted, but based on those I don't think they've done enough work yet to be on track for an Oct 2025 completion. Once they finish excavation, the foundational underground work takes a long time to get done. Along with the first several floors above ground. In addition to other variables later on such as material availability for elements such as exterior cladding which could further delay work. Interiors may also take a longer time to finish. At this stage if they're still not completed excavation, then I believe they are not on track to meet that Oct 2025 forecast.

Block Development's most recent project at 57 Brock Ave also felt like a rather slow mover when it came to its construction timeline:

Last edited:

Back