Apr 18, 2024

D58EE189-FFE3-4D7F-B96E-AC4776C1BA00_1_201_a.jpeg

F3DB8675-E6B6-4369-8F44-9AE9B2AD5810_1_201_a.jpeg

5B2CBD78-6AE3-4498-BBA0-CD95FE340905_1_201_a.jpeg

Yes, it will be great. The UP Express won’t stop here, but the GO Pearson Line will.
The UPX is essentially GO's Pearson line. Not stop is planned for here, but if I remember the public meeting correctly, it could conceivably be added.

Is this the stupid express / local service that was announced and quickly walked back last week?
I believe it's more the plan to wrap it into a regular GO service as a part of the GO expansion program. Needs some decent capital spending to do it though so it will be a few years before it happens.

I believe it's more the plan to wrap it into a regular GO service as a part of the GO expansion program. Needs some decent capital spending to do it though so it will be a few years before it happens.
Yes this is what I am referring to!
Are we able to get rid of the Nippon Sharyo lemons as part of this?

Knowing Toronto, the new UPX will be a regular, lumbering diesel GO train that gives strong Tim Hortons vibes (folksy and depressing). It will have an erratic schedule and you will connect to it from the airport by a perpetually-delayed bus.

We will dismantle the spur that we just built 10 years ago after a brief discussion about turning it into either a linear park or a busway. Travel times to and from downtown will triple and we'll all accept that there was apparently no other option.

Back