News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone see what Karygiannis said on Twitter today? He had a flame war with someone using questionable English skills.

Jim Karygiannis ‏@jimkarygiannis 3h3 hours ago
@benelling why not place ur name on a ballot so u can disappear as a unicorn

Did everyone see what Karygiannis said on Twitter today? He had a flame war with someone using questionable English skills.

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 4.28.07 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 4.28.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 4.28.07 PM.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 803
Cops at first said the fire seemed suspicious but then concluded it was an accident. They couldn't ID the victim though.

any other details though? what do they think accidentally started the fire? a cigarette? a hotplate? what?

did they reveal the sex of the victim? since they could figure at least that out from the dna.

Ontario to double fines for medical record privacy breaches

Workers at several hospitals accessed the health records of former Toronto mayor Rob Ford.

"It is often the high-profile cases and individuals by the nature of the breach that may get more attention," said Hoskins. "I don't want to speak to the specifics that are being investigated and may be prosecuted."

Hoskins said the new legislation will double fines for violations of patients' privacy to $100,000 for individuals and $500,000 for the hospital or organization. It would also scrap a rule requiring that prosecutions start within six months of the alleged privacy breach, which Hoskins called "a serious barrier" to prosecuting offenders.

"That has made it extremely difficult to conduct an investigation and has made prosecutions very rare," he said.

Only three cases of breaching private medical records have ever been referred for prosecution, and there has never been a successful prosecution under the Personal Health Information Protection Act since it was introduced in 2004. One case was unsuccessful and the two others are still under consideration by the Attorney General's office.

http://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-to-double-fines-for-medical-record-privacy-breaches-1.2415686

Will be known as the "Little Robbie Ford" Act. The law to end all laws based on reacting to celebrity/notoriety.

Section 1: It shall be illegal to disclose information about a person, unless an utterly incomplete, grossly distorted, wildly exaggerated, totally fabricated or otherwise inaccurate version of that information has been bellowed into CP20Ford microphones in a strangulated voice by a sibling of the person, provided always that the person and the sibling are both attention whores.

Will be known as the "Little Robbie Ford" Act. The law to end all laws based on reacting to celebrity/notoriety.

That's the problem with promoting yourself as a "rock star", you get treated like one when privacy is concerned.

The big boon of this law would be protection from private data sold to the highest bidder, usually for targeted services.

You sneer, but it's a big problem. An employee at Rouge Valley Hospital was selling maternity ward records to investment brokers who would then use them as leads to sell RESPs to new mothers.
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...f-larger-investigation-ito-documents-say.html.
And that's just what we know about. Who knows how many other cases like this there are?

I read "big boon" as "big baboon". Oh, this thread.

What I am aiming for is the "Doug Ford, Jr." Act.

Section 1: This Act may be cited as the Act to Suppress Horse Shit.

Section 2: No person whose spouse claims to be "judesque" shall be taken in the least seriously.

Section 3: No person who has more than two offspring whose names begin with the letter K shall be accorded even common courtesy.

Section 3: No person any of whose siblings is an ignorant, unintelligent, mean spirited liar shall be admitted to any pubic office.

Last edited:
You sneer, but it's a big problem. An employee at Rouge Valley Hospital was selling maternity ward records to investment brokers who would then use them as leads to sell RESPs to new mothers.
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...f-larger-investigation-ito-documents-say.html.
And that's just what we know about. Who knows how many other cases like this there are?

You are right Kat, but that was not the primary rationale put forward by the Hon. Member (as I read it). That was my point (I hoped).

Last edited:
any other details though? what do they think accidentally started the fire? a cigarette? a hotplate? what?

did they reveal the sex of the victim? since they could figure at least that out from the dna.
Your doubt is well founded here Evva. The Ontario Fire Marshall is steeped in the latest science. They can reconstruct nearly any scenario. The fact that its inconclusive is telling in itself.

CP24 ‏@CP24 28s29 seconds ago
Speaking to reporters at city hall, Coun. Rob Ford says he has returned to work after his surgery to vote on the Gardiner issue.
CP24 ‏@CP24 1m1 minute ago
He says he plans to vote for the option to maintain the highway. "Hopefully council will support it," he adds.
CP24 ‏@CP24 10s11 seconds ago
On staying at home to recover: "You go stir-crazy," Ford says with a laugh. "I'm going to continue getting out slowly but surely."
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 1m1 minute ago
Rob Ford, wearing a full red track suit, has just arrived on the council floor.

The silence was nice...

Last edited:
Folks, it's time to put the fun back in dysfunctional...

If I can direct your attention to the centre ring--

CHOT9XPVIAALZmI.jpg

Attachments

• CHOT9XPVIAALZmI.jpg
    CHOT9XPVIAALZmI.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 525
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back