News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Came home today to find that a Pachi doll had somehow made it into the house. I am being very careful not to get it wet or feed it after midnight. If he tries anything funny it's straight to the microwave.
Remember that his spines can tickle certain people. Thus, plush Pachi toys make good sensory toys for children with disabilities.

By decree of Mayor John Tory, All Torontonians must stop complaining about the Pan Am Game.

---

Okay, he didn't decree anything, but I'm finding it amusing that for the past two week or so; Mayor Tory and the Toronto Star have been telling the general public to stop complaining, using various buzz words like; "world-class", "cosmopolitan", you get the idea. :rolleyes:
It isn't Toronto if people aren't complaining.

Ontario's credit rating just got downgraded. I wonder if this has anything to do with the money wasted on the Pan Am Games. It is time for the Ontario government to stop wasting taxpayer money.

Ontario's credit rating just got downgraded. I wonder if this has anything to do with the money wasted on the Pan Am Games. It is time for the Ontario government to stop wasting taxpayer money.

I would say...no. It's just S&P not getting it's regular kickbacks, confidence from the Ontario government. If it had anything to-do with the Pan Am Games, they would have said something.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
-----------------

I can see the headlines after the games already: Pan Am Games: What went so wrong?

Nah, it was the 6 million the province gave Toronto's Bixi bike share that sent S&P over the edge to downgrade us. Sure, they may hate the Pan Am's too, but those evil cyclists were the last straw.

LOL.

For those who are planning to go attended the games. Pan Am Orginzanors have set some Do's and Don'ts, here is a small sample:
  • No - Gang colours
  • No - Glass bottles and cans (with the exception of empty personal aluminum water bottles and baby bottles)
  • No - Large bags including knapsacks, containers, coolers and ice chests. [not to exceed 9" x 5" x 11" (23 cm x 13 cm x 28 cm)]
  • No - Outside food or beverage. (exceptions include baby formula, baby food and single-serving portions for those with dietary restrictions)
  • No - Outside alcohol
  • No - Bicycles, canoes, kayaks, boats, scooters, skateboards or roller blades.
  • No - Sporting equipment such as hockey sticks, racquets, baseball bats and billiard cues.
  • No - Full face masks or oversized costumes. (religious coverings excepted)
  • No - Professional or commercial-grade video cameras, lenses, equipment and accessories.
Some of these are common for any sporting event, like no outside food or drink. However, Gang colours is really ambiguous, what happens if I'm wearing an a colour that I was unaware of that could be a "Gang Colours"? And if you bring manage to bring an canoe, kayak or a boat to one of these events in the city should net you a award, really? Do they really expect people to bring things like canoes, kayaks or boats to gaming events?

no gang colours but I can still wear my pants low, listen to my hip-hop and walk around with an attitude. No outside food? Whatever you say! :)

For those who are planning to go attended the games. Pan Am Orginzanors have set some Do's and Don'ts, here is a small sample:
  • No - Gang colours
  • No - Glass bottles and cans (with the exception of empty personal aluminum water bottles and baby bottles)
  • No - Large bags including knapsacks, containers, coolers and ice chests. [not to exceed 9" x 5" x 11" (23 cm x 13 cm x 28 cm)]
  • No - Outside food or beverage. (exceptions include baby formula, baby food and single-serving portions for those with dietary restrictions)
  • No - Outside alcohol
  • No - Bicycles, canoes, kayaks, boats, scooters, skateboards or roller blades.
  • No - Sporting equipment such as hockey sticks, racquets, baseball bats and billiard cues.
  • No - Full face masks or oversized costumes. (religious coverings excepted)
  • No - Professional or commercial-grade video cameras, lenses, equipment and accessories.
Some of these are common for any sporting event, like no outside food or drink. However, Gang colours is really ambiguous, what happens if I'm wearing an a colour that I was unaware of that could be a "Gang Colours"? And if you bring manage to bring an canoe, kayak or a boat to one of these events in the city should net you a award, really? Do they really expect people to bring things like canoes, kayaks or boats to gaming events?

I expect the no canoes might be an allusion to Welland/Henley, the water-skiing, or lake swim. They'd want to make certain you were not paddling over a competitor.

In the same vein, 'gang colours' might be aimed at very specific gangs & their uniforms -- Guadalajara was known as a gangland and they might have carried over the rule.

http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2015/07/10_venues_created_for_the_pan_am_games_in_toronto/

So, the BlogTO site had this (AoD had me over there to see the food from the Union market). Swimmers will disagree with me, I'm sure, but the UTScar pool & dive tank is a huge overbuild, the velodrome I'm still pretty skeptical about, and building a new stadium for the Tiger-Cats is a waste. Overall, though, it could have been a lot worse, and putting various facilities at college campuses means they'll get used after the games for something, at least.

Some of these are common for any sporting event, like no outside food or drink.

Not strictly true - you can bring in outside food and (non-alcoholic) drink to Jays games at the Skydome.

In the same vein, 'gang colours' might be aimed at very specific gangs & their uniforms -- Guadalajara was known as a gangland and they might have carried over the rule.
Skydome implements this rule as well

Not strictly true - you can bring in outside food and (non-alcoholic) drink to Jays games at the Skydome.

Skydome implements this rule as well

Skydome might, but what about the Rogers Centre? :D:p

Alright, joke aside, it's been awhile since I've been to a Jays game. Last time I went is after they implemented bag searches, but usually sporting events of this nature, they don't like non-sponsored food or drinks. So I'm not surprised by it.

I was surprised when I read it as well - but it's there in the Rogers Centre FAQ

http://www.rogerscentre.com/about/faq.jsp

Can I bring food to the event?
ARAMARK, Rogers Centre's concessionaire, has put together menus that appeal to all tastes. Rogers Centre does allow guests to bring food in as long as the items are wrapped, bagged or left inside a container to avoid spillage. Cans, glass bottles, aluminum/steel water bottles or drinks larger than 600 ml are not permitted.

http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2015/07/10_venues_created_for_the_pan_am_games_in_toronto/

So, the BlogTO site had this (AoD had me over there to see the food from the Union market). Swimmers will disagree with me, I'm sure, but the UTScar pool & dive tank is a huge overbuild, the velodrome I'm still pretty skeptical about, and building a new stadium for the Tiger-Cats is a waste. Overall, though, it could have been a lot worse, and putting various facilities at college campuses means they'll get used after the games for something, at least.

Thanks for that, I finally now know what the deal is with Birchmount stadium as I didn't think it could possibly host any events. (training facility)

IIRC I read a while ago the Milton Velodrome had the ability to 'remove' the cycling oval to convert it to a normal community centre. (baskeball courts, etc) to give it more purpose after the games. Not sure where I read that though, and I could be wrong.

I didn't know that about Rogers Centre, and I go all the time. No more over priced food at the Jays games for me! (just overpriced beer)

Back