Interesting, it appears from that rendering that the bridge will retain it's half circle shape on the HBC end and be rectangular on the EC side.

Thanks! Finally a bridge that is design-worthy (along the lines of the St. Mike's one). Wonder how the structural support works - there aren't any clear structural elements visible. Wire-tensioned?

AoD

Think there would be a slew of safety violations if it didn't light up.

Nice bridge. Be better without any +15 crossing though.

I took this a couple of days ago..

View attachment 47049
The exterior looks basically the same as before...? I thought Nordstrom was going to do something... different?

It looks to me like they're just prepping the old enamel panels right now, and that nothing's been replaced yet.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So, that's my first post with photos uploaded directly from my iPhone, much easier to do with the new forum software than the previous one. Woohoo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,609
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,517
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,575
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    651.5 KB · Views: 1,520
So, that's my first post with photos uploaded directly from my iPhone, much easier to do with the new forum software than the previous one. Woohoo!

I'm not seeing where to upload for this particular thread. I can't find the button at the top of the thread like the more popular threads and when I click on image in the reply box it only asks for a web link.

Why isn't possible to upload photos directly from one's hard drive?
I'm not seeing where to upload for this particular thread. I can't find the button at the top of the thread like the more popular threads and when I click on image in the reply box it only asks for a web link.

This thread doesn't have a dataBase file attached to it, and the upload buttons are related to them. (No dataBase file because there have been no renderings released for what's coming.)

There is a very easy method of uploading to the thread, and yes, directly from one's hard drive: just below the reply field at the bottom of every page there are three buttons. The middle one says "Upload a File". Click that, and you'll get a dialogue box asking you to locate the photo(s) you want to upload from your computer. Once they have uploaded, position your cursor in your reply where you want them to flow in, and either choose Full Image for all of the images to have them all flow, or insert the images individually if you want to put text between them.

Thanks, Craig!
I didn't realize one of my two shots was virtually the same as yours but here they are anyway!
DSC_0154-2.jpg
DSC_0158-2.jpg

It looks to me like they're just prepping the old enamel panels right now, and that nothing's been replaced yet.

Maybe they're not being replaced and just painted instead? I think the off-white colour makes a big difference.

Attachments

• DSC_0154-2.jpg
    DSC_0154-2.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 1,834
  • DSC_0158-2.jpg
    DSC_0158-2.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 1,018
Last edited:

It's too bad that they covered the 2nd floor with walls. During the rebuild, that floor was open and it gave the impression of a balcony overlooking the atrium. What was lost when the original atrium was replaced was a sense of layers. There was activity at different levels from stores, escalators, stairs, etc. This became far too closed off and sterile. For a while, it looked like they would keep the second floor stores opened which would be far more visually appealing.

Really? From mustard to beige? Sigh...no sense of funk in the bland times we live in.

At least the new bridge design is gorgeous. The original always sucked.

Back