8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of Trump...

"Allan Sloan: “I’ve spent more than 40 years making my living by writing about numbers, and I’ve never run across anyone who uses them the way that Trump does. He just spews numbers forth, based on heaven knows what, and people are supposed to take them on faith.”"

Sound familiar?

Nope, it's not ringing a bell. :p

Wonder when that Ford documentary is coming out...and the movie based on Robyn's book. Oh, and Fillion's book. The sooner the better as the crack scandal is losing its lustre!

I think Robbie's likeness is still optioned to SyFy after Sharnado 2.

Graeme has been a quite the twitter spree. I don't follow him but do check in from time to time. Goldsbie retweeted this:

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 5h5 hours ago

Jonathan Goldsbie retweeted graeme

Former Ford staffer calls his successor in the Mayor's Office a "fucking moron."

graeme ‏@graemeTO

Perhaps TEAM RICHARDSON/TORY/WYNNE plan to run an Olympics SO profitable we can pay off our $300 billion debt? #topoli #FuckingMorons

Now that he isn't at City Hall, he can basically say whatever he wants. Even working for Ford, he had to have some restraint

I saw that he said he had to be restrained while working at City Hall. He looks more like an idiot now that he is flipping out. I guess he doesn't realize the internet is forever.

Indeed! These rants have been screencapped by now, so deleting the tweets won't make a difference.

Britain gets its own Rob Ford...
A senior member of Britain’s House of Lords has been recorded snorting coke through a five-pound note while complaining to prostitutes about the increased difficulty of claiming expenses. John Sewel, Baron Sewel of Gilcomstoun, headed a House of Lords committee in charge of discipline. He is heard on the tape, obtained by The Sun newspaper, denouncing the Prime Minister, Mayor of London and various colleagues, and declaring that “Members of her lordship’s house … are right thieves, rogues and bastards at times. Wonderful people that they are.”
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-c...nd-mondays-other-reasons-to-fear-for-humanity

Senior British lord quits after The Sun releases alleged cocaine and hooker video
A member of Britain's House of Lords faces a police investigation after he was caught on video hosting a cocaine-and-sex party with a pair of prostitutes, during which he mostly complained about not being paid enough on the taxpayers' dime.

The U.K. Sun obtained the video of Baron John Sewel snorting cocaine and chatting with the two prostitutes while lounging naked in his London apartment.

At one point the married 69-year-old lord says: "Oh, we could do with some nice little young Asian lady tonight, I would've thought. But never mind."

According to the Sun, he remarks: "They sort of look innocent but you know they're whores," then adds with a chuckle: "That's a really nice combination isn't it?"

Reminiscent of Ford's own drug scandal -- when the then-Toronto mayor was pictured smoking crack and was seen repeatedly drunk and stoned in public — the British media are going to town.
http://www.thesudburystar.com/2015/...sun-releases-alleged-cocaine-and-hooker-video

Last edited:
watch how i get some mob stuff in here now... :p
Knight has been with the RCMP for 34 years and works with local, provincial and international law enforcement to monitor organized crime in Quebec. His squad has seen no sign of rival Italian gangs moving to replace the Rizzuto's, as certain media and observers have speculated.

"We haven't seen attempts or power moves from Hamilton or Toronto on establishments or persons here. And we haven't received any information on the street to that effect either. It's a myth. I've always heard these things about New York and Toronto controlling Montreal but nothing could be further from the truth."
[...]
"It's very volatile on the street. Whereas ten years ago, if there's one thing that Vito Rizzuto had it was the ability to gather people, negotiate truces and make arrangements that everyone made money. With him being gone, it's more volatile now."

Ironically, this volatility is directly linked to the effective police work done by the RCMP who arrested almost 100 suspected mobsters in Project Colisée and pretty much every Hells Angels patch member during Operation Sharqc.

Obviously, these arrests did nothing to curb the demand for drugs and, according to sources who spoke with VICE, all of that demand was absorbed by notoriously unstable Haitian street gangs who are plagued with internal Bloods-Crips rivalries and have effectively replaced the Hells Angels on the street. Sources also pointed to the fact that the notoriously racist Hells Angels will want their old drug turf back and will not be pleased with the fact that black gangs are now in control. There's trouble a'brewing in la métropole.

"The Hells Angels will definitely become more and more important, that goes without saying," said Antonio Nicaso.
[...]
Last September, the Charbonneau Commission wrapped up. The inquiry heard testimony from almost 200 witnesses and exposed a massive criminal conspiracy involving the mob, construction companies, unions and high-ranking municipal employees—a reminder that crime in Montreal was able to fester in an environment of political collusion.

In fact, the findings of the Commission led to the resignation of mayor Gerald Tremblay and to the arrests of Laval's former mayor and Montreal's interim mayor on gangsterism and corruption charges, respectively (all of which makes Rob Ford seem pretty benign, Toronto).
http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/who-is-running-the-mob-in-montreal

Wonder when that Ford documentary is coming out...and the movie based on Robyn's book. Oh, and Fillion's book. The sooner the better as the crack scandal is losing its lustre!

it's been almost a year and a half since they bought the movie rights, and i don't think we've heard anything about it since.

filion seems to still be working on his book, with no word on whether or not he has a deal now.
“I don’t have a book deal. I may or may not get one. At this point I’m primarily writing because it’s something I want to do.”
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ubject_of_city_councillors_upcoming_book.html

filion harriott.JPG
http://www.thomasfuneralhome.ca/obituaries/obituary-listings?obId=507817

Attachments

• filion harriott.JPG
    filion harriott.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 28s28 seconds ago
In @judemacdonald conflict case against Fords, judge has dismissed Ford lawyer's attempt to dismiss some of applications based on timeliness
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 2m2 minutes ago
Ford lawyers argued @judemacdonald should have known about alleged conflicts long before she filed her suit. Judge says they didn't prove it
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 9s10 seconds ago
What this means: Ford lawyers failed in their attempt to have 3/7 of @judemacdonald's motions dismissed. So all 7 will proceed in court

This is promising!

Since Ford is undefeated in the courtroom, Jude could end up being on the hook for hundreds of thousands in legal costs, no?

If the Fords were to be successful, I think it unlikely that the court would order Jude M to pay any of their costs, because this is "public interest" litigation (the issue being whether there was misconduct in public office, not the pursuit of any gain or other personal benefit by Jude M). The Fords could ask Council to vote in favour of the City covering their costs if they were to succeed - and that just reinforces the unlikelihood of the court ordering private party to pay them.

If the Fords were to be successful, I think it unlikely that the court would order Jude M to pay any of their costs, because this is "public interest" litigation (the issue being whether there was misconduct in public office, not the pursuit of any gain or other personal benefit by Jude M). The Fords could ask Council to vote in favour of the City covering their costs if they were to succeed - and that just reinforces the unlikelihood of the court ordering private party to pay them.

Ahh, but didn't Magder and those guys have to pay a portion of Ford's bill?

Ahh, but didn't Magder and those guys have to pay a portion of Ford's bill?
April 2, 2013: The same three-judge Divisional Court panel dismisses Ford’s request that Magder be forced to pay legal costs. The panel says Ford failed to persuade the panel that his contested council vote was a result of a good-faith error. The case raised “novel legal issues with respect to matters of public importance,” the judges wrote. And it was “reasonable” for Magder to pursue the case, they wrote, given that Ford had not himself challenged the validity of council’s order to reimburse the lobbyists.
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/06/20/the_rob_ford_paul_magder_case_a_timeline.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back