And I can NEVER find anything on the City of Toronto site. Everytime I try looking in the database, it always shows some error or something.

And I can NEVER find anything on the City of Toronto site. Everytime I try looking in the database, it always shows some error or something.

Me too!

Well, one way or another we will eventually find out the number of stories and hieght for this project.

Probably wont be today, though. But at least there is an agreement between the developer and the city.

That much is known.

How did you find out this information? Was it the OMB link? I didn't actually look at it :p

Well the only thing I found on the OMB website was a notice about how the two sides had settled and that the OMB wasn't dealing with it anymore? I think any answer we find will come from the City's website, but there were confidentiality clauses from earlier reports for the project, which is probably why it's not up. (Search "444 Yonge Street" on Google, it'll bring up a toronto.ca link to a council report that mentions confidentiality)

Strange. Soon the word will get out nevertheless...

unless the damn thing gets built with a cloaking device in the basement (which wouldn't be a bad innovation for a G + C tower.)

Why all the secrecy anyways?

Good point considering groups who are providing input on the project such as College Park, the Ellington condos, The Liberties etc., presumably they'd have information. Perhaps they want to make a big splash once approvals are in place and sales are ready to launch. Nothing is known about Couture Condos at Jarvis & Charles either but a sales office is going up today.

Has anyone tried contacting the developer recently to ask what's going on with this one?

If the building has been changed the revised site plan would be available to the public at City Hall...

I thought there was going to be a giant sculpture on top of the first one, or am I thinking of another project?

That's not ringing any bells for me with any current tower...

...and I assume the sculpture really would have to be giant if it were to be seen from ground level. Can you elaborate at all, or is it merely a notion that's left?

I could have sworn I read something in the Star a few months ago about a signature sculpture on top. I'll try to dig that up and see if there's any other info....

Alas, I was mistook.

Back