I hope a living wall can be incorporated into the final design. That was one of the most interesting aspects of the original concept, in my opinion.

We can't quite answer the question yet as to how the residential entrance and sky lobby is changing, but we have been supplied with a pile of new renderings, quite a bit more than what you've seen on the previous page, which we have added to the dataBase file (linked at the top of the page), and which form the basis for this new front page story.

I. want. it. now.

17067-56875.jpeg

Hard to tell from the rendering, but it looks like in this iteration Hue's site will serve an entrance from the north.

AoD

Last edited:
I can't say I like the base as much as the previous design, but the roof now looks like it may hold an amenity space or, this is just wishful thinking, a restaurant/public observation deck.

5048-56837.jpeg

I. want. it. now.

17067-56875.jpeg

Hard to tell from the rendering, but it looks like in this iteration Hue's site will serve an entrance from the north.

AoD
Thanks for causing me to look at the original more closely Alvin (I haven't had time to "go deep" on these myself until now), but here's what you're looking at, much more close-up, and I'd say we have something interesting coming here!

TheOneSdwkS1024D.jpg

So it looks like this will be the new retail mall entrance.

Attachments

• TheOneSdwkS1024D.jpg
    TheOneSdwkS1024D.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,295
To be honest I was more excited about the original exoskeleton design, but I knew it was going to change sooner or later. I'm interested to see what will happen to the 8-storey atrium.

I'm enjoying seeing the progression of this project as it changes with each iteration towards the final product. The entrance on the side of Hues is a nice surprise. I was wondering how they were going to deal with the massive ceiling heights in the base of the tower and the lower ceiling heights on Hues. That blown up rendering seems to give us clues.

Here are a couple of more close-ups, for 1) a closer view of the proposed crown of the building…

TheOneSkySE1280K.jpg

and 2) a better look at the Yonge Street frontage including the escalators to the retail behind the Hue's façade.
TheOneStrSW1280K.jpg

Attachments

• TheOneSkySE1280K.jpg
    TheOneSkySE1280K.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 759
  • TheOneStrSW1280K.jpg
    TheOneStrSW1280K.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 798
If you could only see the range of renderings that the public (or anyone with so-called 'inside' scoops of renderings) sees. Often the final products range from far better to far worse than anything the public was ever privy to. Sometimes having public input helps in later design reiterations. PE had it right for once: it's a process. Often times the public never sees any initial design concepts just what's first submitted in actual development apps. Has there been any applications here?

The crown looks great, it actually plays off of Uptown Residences crown a bit, but executed on a much larger and grander scale. And the roof garden definitely screams amenity space of some sorts, with massive roof fins to protect those spaces from winds at those heights - hopefully making it habitable. If that is the case, it will be a spectacular space.

Back