News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a good chance he'll be mayor again though if his health holds up. The guy's still young! Especially with the Sun's frontpage treatment. I bet he gets a radio show or a regular segment again too.

A good chance? Nah. He has "a" chance but a lot stars have to line up. Once the crack scandal took root, support for the Fords stalled a pretty solid 30-35%. The remainder of the support coalesced around different people at different times, but Rob and Doug never really moved. If Rob returns to heatlh — something he seems to having trouble with, turmors or not — he'll need a big field of candidates to the split a vote in his favour. That's less likely in a race with an incumbent. I'm not saying it couldn't — Tory could flame out as he has in the past — but I don't see Rob have a "good" chance in 2018. I guess we'll see.

Rob Ford to celebrate surviving ‘a terrible year’ dealing with cancer at Ford Fest
Annual event held in memory of Doug Ford Sr. is back in Etobicoke on Oct. 2
“We do (Ford Fest) because of my dad. My dad started it off in the backyard when he first got elected in 1995, and it just grew from there,” Ford said during a phone interview with The Guardian on Tuesday, Sept. 22, the ninth anniversary of his father’s death.
http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...rrible-year-dealing-with-cancer-at-ford-fest/

present not campaigning.PNG

adult now bumbaclot.PNG

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/3m3avu/john_tory_takes_pinocchio_jab_at_rob_ford_then/

Attachments

• present not campaigning.PNG
    present not campaigning.PNG
    6.5 KB · Views: 603
  • adult now bumbaclot.PNG
    adult now bumbaclot.PNG
    5 KB · Views: 607
Yeah, don't enable his 2018 dreams, as something will prevent him from winning or even getting on the ballot.

Have we forgotten about ranked ballots for Mayor? Ford has NO chance of ever getting 51% of votes.
Can we hope this city in 2018 will not be the same one he had his chances to win in? There's a lot of grass roots activism going on, especially working with disenfranchised youth in Robbie's poverty "ghetto" communities as well as against Tory's bland patrician privilege. We can do better than either of these guys.

this made me think of techsdale...

The real reason crime is falling so fast
How social media obsession, smartphone addiction, and even violent video games are, surprisingly, making us safer
And it’s not only crime; rising rates of technology use also correlate with a drop in other undesirable behaviours. Research has suggested that the same forces have helped to discourage young people from risky sex, drug use and aggression.
Not everyone is convinced that chronic use of technology is helping to bring down crime. The crime substitution theory put forth by Griffiths and Sutton, for one, has faced detractors. University of Toronto criminologist Anthony Doob considers such theories “a dime a dozen,” because there have been countless changes to society since 1991. Likewise, Simon Fraser University criminology professor Graham Farrell isn’t convinced. He’s a former graduate student of Pease’s in the U.K. and a childhood friend of Sutton’s. Farrell attributes most of the crime drop to an increase in security. Since “debut crimes” such as car thefts and shoplifting have become more difficult, young people may be less likely to start a criminal career in the first place, he says. “That might be the stepping stone to why some violent crimes have gone down,” Farrell says. He’s also skeptical that video games, social media and smartphones contributed to the crime drop, which began in 1991, before Google and texting and before Gen Z was even born. But while he’s quick to point out that correlation is not causation, he’s not totally against further investigation to finally prove or disprove the hypothesis. “Mike [Sutton]’s been talking about it for years,” Farrell says from Vancouver. “I say, ‘This is interesting. Where is the evidence?’ ”

His former professor Pease is considering that challenge right now. Pease has proposed that one of his current post-doc students at the University College London take a more rigorous look at crime and technology to see if a causal link can be identified.

In the meantime, those on the front lines working with at-risk youth are already realizing the power of keeping youth digitally connected.
http://www.macleans.ca/society/the-real-reason-crime-is-falling-so-fast/

so i took the time to listen to humble and fred's 2 on 1 with rob ford

http://www.humbleandfredradio.com/show-news/2015/09/rob-ford-september-23.html

it's starts about 1 hour in... here are some highlights...

around 1:17 he makes sure to let us know that what he smoked was not crack, it was freebase coke... crack is shit, what he had was really good

close to 1:19 he almost 'outs' other people... mentions that there are hockey players and people in the media that do the same things he did

around 1:23 he claims some reports would apologise to him after drilling him because really they were doing the same things, and how their producers were making them be tough on him

around 1:26 he says the police had helicopters following him, and that during that time he would always make sure to not have any dope on him and hope that he wouldn't be caught for drunk driving

around 1:31 he says he's heard a lot of media people have seen the crack video

around 1:34 he's asked if he's worried about relapsing and he very quickly responds, no

around 1:43 he's asked how renata feels about everything and he says, you have to ask her

around 1:49 he's asked if he's worried that things about the other characters in his story will still following him... he says he would discussed those characters if asked (but then no one asks anything... talk about a missed opportunity!)

at about 1:50 he's asked if he's still driving that SUV... he says, no i have a caddy

so i took the time to listen to humble and fred's 2 on 1 with rob ford

http://www.humbleandfredradio.com/show-news/2015/09/rob-ford-september-23.html

it's starts about 1 hour in... here are some highlights...

around 1:17 he makes sure to let us know that what he smoked was not crack, it was freebase coke... crack is shit, what he had was really good.

I guess he didn't ask the right question about what was in the pipe, well at least at Kathy's. I guess Robbie thinks he is more gangsta "freebasing", I would have asked him the difference between the two since this is the first time he has brought it up, I doubt he knows.

For record crack is a "freebase" form of coke.

Last edited:
Quite delusional, and as usual it's the last paragraph or sentence that intros actual facts, in this case it's why Robbie is not hung over in the mayor's office:
Robbie said:
If you don’t perform, someone else will step up and get the job done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back