News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be scared. I can't believe this took him by surprise. I guess reality has finally hit home. He can get away with all kinds of crap and escape the clutches of integrity commissioners, police officers, lawyers and judges, but he can't escape cancer.
He likes to say it's all up to the "big guy upstairs". Guess he has his answer.

Weeks or months of excruciating pain? We've got to sit on this until those books come out Douggie. The COI trial is going to pick up steam again soon and the Prime Minister is coming to Fordland, I can't miss that, that's gold. No, we wait until the time is just right. These bastards won't know what hit them. BOOM MOAR CANCER!

I doubt they sat on the pain one little bit, they just waited for the most opportune moment to share it with us.

And I don't for a moment think today's appointment at Mount Sinai was Rob's first regarding this new tumour. Everything happened way too fast; they're even talking about the tumour as if they've already got the results from the biopsy, even though they claim they don't know.

This has all been in the works (and Rob has been well taken care of) for quite some time.

I doubt they sat on the pain one little bit, they just waited for the most opportune moment to share it with us.

And I don't for a moment think today's appointment at Mount Sinai was Rob's first regarding this new tumour. Everything happened way too fast; they're even talking about the tumour as if they've already got the results from the biopsy, even though they claim they don't know.

This has all been in the works (and Rob has been well taken care of) for quite some time.
It's all liiiiesssss!!!

Imagine if this whole thing was just a huge lead up the the final season of House of Cards? Lol. Ford looks to frank to help him become mayor again. Claire decides to help him instead. To show she can make a man out of anyone. Even a president.

In the interview they played on CBC Radio, he made an odd remark about how "you save your money for a rainy day" and he guessed that the rainy day was now. It wasn't clear to me whether he was speaking literally about paying for treatment in the U.S. (since he had been asked about whether he might go to the states) or mangling some kind of more metaphorical thought about needing all of his emotional and physical strength to carry on.

In the interview they played on CBC Radio, he made an odd remark about how "you save your money for a rainy day" and he guessed that the rainy day was now. It wasn't clear to me whether he was speaking literally about paying for treatment in the U.S. (since he had been asked about whether he might go to the states) or mangling some kind of more metaphorical thought about needing all of his emotional and physical strength to carry on.
fwiw, i was confused about that as well.

maybe he meant you save the new tumour until the rain of towhey's book.

They pulled a similar stunt when Rob was first admitted to MSH. Photo op of him propped up in his hospital bed, bravely holding a sheaf of paper ("work") towards which his eyes were directed, ostensibly continuing to do his job as mayor of the people despite dreadful illness, while Joe scribbled at his bedside. We all know the fucker can barely read, so it was all for show. Soon as the Sun photog left the room, I bet the papers went back in the diplomatic bag and out came the cheetos.

You'd think they would have asked him that today...

Not really, Evva. Right now, the reporters want 5W information. The basics — Is it cancer? If so, is it recurrence or something new? What's the treatment plan? Will you keep working? Yadda. Yadda. That's what scrums are like: one is generally looking for basic info. The hashing out comes later, assuming editors want to go there. Personally, I wouldn't blame if they want to leave the family alone (CP24 notwithstanding).

I just saw Rob talking to the media for the first time on CP2Ford and he really does look and sound scared this time. He wasn't even like this for the initial cancer diagnosis.
Its weird, almost like a pre-Christmas visit from the Ghost of Christmas past.

Remember, this man has played the "hate and fear" game with the city, somehow managing to convince The Nation that a downtown latte sipper was worse than a booze fueled, risk-taking crackhead in the mayor's chair as his reign of error progressed. Rob was living a dangerous lifestyle and then lied and lied and lied as the evidence of his debauchery mounted. He's played the high stakes games but now I think he may be realizing that his luck has run out.

Rob never really rallied since returning to Council in September. I've been noting his vacant eyes, change in tone and lack of the old gusto. No Superman here folks, just a mere mortal and a deeply flawed one at that. This city's ready to move on, he can let go now and try to make peace with himself. Nah, that can't happen, the demons won't let go.

I bet he doesn't make it through the end of the year. If he doesn't, his seat vacates and who runs in Ward 2? Doug? Mikey? One of the KKKKs? With 3 years left, council will likely call a by-election instead of appointing someone and no way will the Fords keep away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back