drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
1325 was torn down to make way for a parking lot according to to the property owner I was talking to today. He is planning on tearing 54-58 Scollard Ave down also at a later date.

He can make more money on the parking than leasing the buildings out.

He said 1325 was only built in 1986 and nothing historical about it or the buildings on Scollard.

Haven’t those buildings been class historical?

If they go, there goes the last remains of the original Yorkville.

I asked what was he planning on building there and he said no plans at this time.

I have the photos of this building somewhere in my 10,000’s of photos and not sure when I shot it.

Once the sales office close, it will become a parking lot

Photos to follow.

Last edited:
1125 was torn down to make way for a parking lot according to to the property owner I was talking to today. He is planning on tearing 54-58 Scollard Ave down also at a later date.

He said 1125 was only built in 1986 and nothing historical about it or the buildings on Scollard.

From the Inventory

54 SCOLLARD ST
Ward: 27 By-law: N/A
Heritage District: N/A District Status: N/A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

54 A SCOLLARD ST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

56 SCOLLARD ST

58 SCOLLARD ST

(note: only listed, not designated--hence, perhaps, not "historical" to the owner)

1125 was torn down to make way for a parking lot according to to the property owner I was talking to today. He is planning on tearing 54-58 Scollard Ave down also at a later date.

He said 1125 was only built in 1986 and nothing historical about it or the buildings on Scollard.

If they go, there goes the last remains of the original Yorkville.

I asked what was he planning on building there and he said no plans at this time.

I have the photos of this building somewhere in my 10,000’s of photos and not sure when I shot it.

Once the sales office close, it will become a parking lot

Photos to follow.

You must have the address wrong ... must be above 1300 ... 1125 is south of Bloor

This is the building just north of four seasons.

You must have the address wrong ... must be above 1300 ... 1125 is south of Bloor

This is the building just north of four seasons.

I thought I change that to 1325 before posting and never looked at it. Daaaaa!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Losing the Scollard houses would be a terrible shame, especially for...nothing. I thought we were long past that kind of planning in Toronto.

I am surprised the owner doesn't think he can make sufficient rent from them once the Four Seasons is complete, which will considerably increase the cachet of the corner.

Fingers crossed the local councillor and residents can convince the owner of the value of keeping them.

1325 was the old Jesuit building, yes? It had some quirky detailing but overall it's not a huge loss. The two buildings on Scollard would be a definite shame, though.

What a great forum, I just joined.

The 'owner' is well aware of the historical listings of the Scollard St. properties, including 1315 Bay which is not posted above but is part of the same listing. 1325 Bay was not built in 1986, but was a major reno which was realized into a 'unique' interior. Great for the Jesuit's purpose, but little commercial value. For lease from 2008 but no interest due to the unusual layout.

Another lot to bite the dust

48 SCOLLARD ST
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

A Zoning Bylaw Amendment permit a to facilitate a 43-storey (158 metres) mixed use building including 112 residential units and 132 parking spaces, ground floor commercial/retail space, and a Privately Owned Publicly-Accessible Open Space at the N/E corner of Bay St. & Scollard St.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 251277 STE 27 OZ Nov 13, 2015 Under Review

That's an average of 2.6 units per floor, and an average of 12 feet per floor as well, so yes, definitely a high-end proposal.

I'd like to see another Foster.

makes perfect sense for the location.

I keep wondering, where is the demand coming from? Are there that many people moving from burbs to the city centre? not that I am complaining.

Back