I believe that Dunpar Homes owns it. Hard to say if anything will be launched here anytime soon. Towns would sell out fast.

The Epicurean site is approved for 8 storeys. I would be surprised if the allowed gfa would be wasted on a townhome development, but maybe…

Just because the sales haven't worked before is not a guarantee that the same will happen with a rethought development. Townhomes would be less expensive to build, but I can't see them selling quickly on Dundas here either. Someone will get the recipe right there at some point. Who knows, maybe it will only work after the improvements to this strip that the UrbanCapital project is offering have arrived.

Was thinking that, too: that there needs to be a larger scale development to kick-start things here. It's just so suburban and blah. Thank God for the Humber Valley though. That's one of our favourite bike rides from Dundas down to the Old Mill.

Before Monarch's the Epicurean, a project on the site was marketed as Kingsway Terrace, and before that as The Strand. No recollection as to who the developers were of the earlier ventures.

Streetview's time machine shows Dunpar Homes' name on the hoarding as the prospective developer of both The Strand (2007, 2009) and Kingsway Terrace (2012).

Was thinking that, too: that there needs to be a larger scale development to kick-start things here. It's just so suburban and blah. Thank God for the Humber Valley though. That's one of our favourite bike rides from Dundas down to the Old Mill.

I love biking through the valley through there too. (Only a monster wouldn't, I so declare.)

An anecdote from the meeting the other night: one resident proposed something that I thought was so bizarrely tone-deaf, it's funny. While the bike path is on the east side of the river between Dundas and the Old Mill bridge, there's a one-way southbound road on the west side called Home Smith Park Rd. It meanders beside the river, has speed bumps to keep people on it driving at a pace that acknowledges this is park space and not a through route, and it has a steep, somewhat narrow ascent at the south end up the valley walls towards Bloor. One resident stood up to tell the local councillor that it should become a two-way road to address traffic issues in the community… as if there are big traffic issues in the Kingsway neighbourhood.

There aren't really. Like in any part of town at rush hour, the roads are busy then, but line-ups at stop signs in the 'hood are not that big a deal. It's a residential area, cars shouldn't be speeding through. Meanwhile, this guy wants to turn a quiet, sub-standard park road in one of the most beautiful locations in Toronto into a new collector road bypass. Hahahahahaaaa. Nope.

They haven't sold it. Monarch was a co-developer, just like what Tridel and Daniels do nowadays. It's the new thing to not buy land but to work with existing land owners.

A two-way street better not happen lol! It's a Sunday drive type road. If anyone is in a hurry they shouldn't take this route. It's a hidden gem that needs to stay that way haha.

Sales pavilion is getting ready...
IMG_1709.JPG
IMG_1710.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1710.JPG
    IMG_1710.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,106
  • IMG_1709.JPG
    IMG_1709.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,104
I love biking through the valley through there too. (Only a monster wouldn't, I so declare.)

An anecdote from the meeting the other night: one resident proposed something that I thought was so bizarrely tone-deaf, it's funny. While the bike path is on the east side of the river between Dundas and the Old Mill bridge, there's a one-way southbound road on the west side called Home Smith Park Rd. It meanders beside the river, has speed bumps to keep people on it driving at a pace that acknowledges this is park space and not a through route, and it has a steep, somewhat narrow ascent at the south end up the valley walls towards Bloor. One resident stood up to tell the local councillor that it should become a two-way road to address traffic issues in the community… as if there are big traffic issues in the Kingsway neighbourhood.

There aren't really. Like in any part of town at rush hour, the roads are busy then, but line-ups at stop signs in the 'hood are not that big a deal. It's a residential area, cars shouldn't be speeding through. Meanwhile, this guy wants to turn a quiet, sub-standard park road in one of the most beautiful locations in Toronto into a new collector road bypass. Hahahahahaaaa. Nope.

With the added private accessible park in the back of the proposed development has anyone proposed stairs down to the Humber River trail?

And the person is crazy for proposing a 2 way street. Both sides of the Humber are closed during spring thaw for a reason. This is flood plain and ice is often on the road (and the bike trail on the other side). The yearly repair bill for a real road would be enormous.

I do know people that use this road either to bike or drive to the subway station. They park (for free) under the viaduct and walk 2 minutes to get to Old Mill station. Then they go home via the Kingsway. Bus service is not frequent so this is next best alternative.

Back