September 20th

DSC02307.jpg

There are definite plans to turn the old warehouse into a Loblaws. There was a detailed city report a while ago. Most of the south and west facades will be preserved. There was a long dispute with the city over the sign on the roof, but interchange said in the other Malibu thread that the city allowed them to keep it.

adma said that? :rolleyes:

There are definite plans to turn the old warehouse into a Loblaws. There was a detailed city report a while ago. Most of the south and west facades will be preserved. There was a long dispute with the city over the sign on the roof, but interchange said in the other Malibu thread that the city allowed them to keep it.

That's kind of exciting considering that the building was once Loblaws' headquarters.

Is there going to be retail in the base?

That area is going to look SO COMPLETELY different once all those condos are built. I cant wait.

...and I still find the area to look alien without the Molson plant there now.

Is this my city? huh!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this becoming a neighbourhood too: it's CityPlace with more variety, better podiums (if Malibu is an indication), and a mega-arterial. It'll be interesting to watch it come together.

I asked this before but no one answered, is there going to be retail in the base of the tower.

Malibu Progress Oct 20, 2007

DSCN1148.jpg

DSCN1149.jpg

DSCN1151.jpg

DSCN1152.jpg

DSCN1153.jpg

^I don't know for sure, but I couldn't imagine there wouldn't be any retail down here. (Especially with four or five other brand new buildings going up all around Malibu).

DSCN1155.jpg

DSCN1156.jpg

DSCN1160.jpg

^The back side (north side). LTD will go to the right of this photo.

Back