News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same waxing of the Ford brand and hating on the government one can expect twattling SAL. The most important sentence is at the last of the piece, phase 2: "It will involve all the sarcoma doctors at Mount Sinai, the Ontario Cancer Institute and several hospitals in Israel to look at what is the genetic mutation that causes benign liposarcoma cells to become malignant."http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/07/rob-ford-to-be-first-to-participate-in-cancer-research-program

I know lousy grammar is par for the course at the Sun, but this second paragraph:

Severely ill with a form of malignant liposarcoma — an aggressive cancer that attacked first his abdomen and now his bladder — Ford’s brother Doug says he’ll be the first to participate in the Panov program

really makes it sound like Doug is the one who's ill and will undergo treatment.

Same waxing of the Ford brand and hating on the government one can expect twattling SAL. The most important sentence is at the last of the piece, phase 2: "It will involve all the sarcoma doctors at Mount Sinai, the Ontario Cancer Institute and several hospitals in Israel to look at what is the genetic mutation that causes benign liposarcoma cells to become malignant.

I fully expect a gene called OBNOX to be found from his cells.

AoD

He's a low life but it'd still be a helluva story if he's able to come back from the brink to run for mayor again! I wouldn't put it passed him. He always seems to survive whatever he's faced with.

He's a low life but it'd still be a helluva story if he's able to come back from the brink to run for mayor again! I wouldn't put it passed him. He always seems to survive whatever he's faced with.
If this were a movie of the week, that might happen -- although Rob would be a changed man who realizes the error of his ways, yada yada yada.

But this is real life. Not going to happen.

I don't see him recovering from this if they are resorting to experiments with mice...

Definitely a movie of the week candidate, however, considering the FF Nation maybe an "After School Special" miniseries.

It's a hail mary, who knows, never say never until you get the fridge magnets.

AoD
Considering the politics and grave circumstances, I think a Statue of Liberty play would make more sense. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is a cure, merely a less impactful way of keeping the cancer at bay. As stated in the recent CBC piece, "Panov says the therapy has given him a new lease on life. 'My cancer always comes back, but from the patient's point of view, I know if that chemo was tested on the mice, I know it will work. That's huge,' Panov said. 'Because usually people get chemo without knowing what will be the end result.'

This other article also doesn't talk about a cure, per se, but rather keeping the cancer "at bay." It also says the cost of all that mouse rangling is $15,000.

So, it looks as if Rob is signing up for chemotherapy for the rest of his life.

Which, as an aside, can have horrible affects on one's teeth—at least according to my dentist, whose father has been fighting cancer for some time. In fact, it makes me wonder if Rob's new teeth might not be false.

I fully expect him to come back from the brink and run for mayor again. I don't think he'll win but that's all that matters to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back