News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not entitled to our sympathy. Empathy, sure, as a fellow human being in pain. But that's it. Across the country hundreds if not thousands of other people are sick and actively dying. Most of them were better people than Rob ever was. He's not some sort of hardcore heroin addict who lived a marginalized life on the street after a long history of sexual abuse or neglect. He is a lying scumbag who would have sooner gone out and partied with 20 somethings and fucking drug dealers than spend time with his family.

So we should rename Nathan Philips Square then? And Pearson?

ETA: As I was writing this, I see that he has died. A troubled life, to be sure, and if his time came earlier than it should have, he is not deserving of any special public mourning (assuming anyone is). Everyone dies. I hope that his family was with him and that they for once put aside their toxic relationships.

Please read again as I said I wouldn't undo things already done I just would not continue with this practice.

RIP.

People should show respect for the dead. It is basic human decency.

Some of the responses I have read in this thread are nothing short of disgusting.

Possibly, but he came a disappointing third. It is Michael Ford's to lose - this is Ford turf, and with the sympathy vote, his margin of victory could be bigger than Rob's.
The world has changed a lot, maybe even in Etobicoke. And with Doug as campaign manager, well the Nation doesn't seem to like him at all!

RIP.
People should show respect for the dead. It is basic human decency.
Some of the responses I have read in this thread are nothing short of disgusting.

Indeed -
  • What I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later you're going to get bitten... Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks, not for people on bikes. My heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it’s their own fault at the end of the day.

AoD

I've not heard this myself so I just throw it out there as part of today's chatter. A poster on fb has just said: "Warmington spoke on 640 just now saying Rob had promised to leave a brown envelope with info, naming names etc. "

Indeed -
  • What I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later you're going to get bitten... Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks, not for people on bikes. My heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it’s their own fault at the end of the day.

AoD

Not sure what your point is to be honest. I never voted for Ford, never supported him as mayor or councillor. But he's dead. Are you somehow saying he's at fault for his death?

I was taught empathy and respect. The guy is dead. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back