News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desmond Cole is really riling people up on Newstalk right now taking a critical view of Ford. People on the panel with him are seething with anger.
A lot of people vilify others in life, but let a nasty person die, and he/she becomes a saint. I don't personally buy into the whole "don't speak ill of the dead" bit ... a jerk alive is still a jerk when he/she dies. Death doesn't make you a better person than you were.

A lot of people vilify others in life, but let a nasty person die, and he/she becomes a saint. I don't personally buy into the whole "don't speak ill of the dead" bit ... a jerk alive is still a jerk when he/she dies. Death doesn't make you a better person than you were.

Shouldn't we demand that the person be nice before they die - instead of whitewashing it after the individual is dead - precisely when they are in no position to change, and get pissed off when others don't play along? There is something really perverse about that.

AoD

My point is - he doesn't have the slightest hesitation in not following decorum, and he, unlike forumers, are supposed to lead by example. He did not, and was not censured for it.

Empathy and respect isn't something you demand - it is something you practice by example. The forementioned individual consistently failed to do so - not only as a human being, but also as someone in a leadership position (like, who else on here would give out fridge magnets at a funeral?) If one is going to criticize, save it for him - being dead does not elevate one to the point of being above reproach.

AoD

Maybe...but this isn't the time comments like this.

4C3xPaP.png

Fuck that. He didn't love his job and he most certainly did not love his city.

It's a joke on Rob and Doug often being the lone dissenters.

For all of the people asking us to honour the dead etc....remember, this was a man who (jokingly or not) was taped offering his wife to other men and who accused her of prostituting herself (as heard by Towhey) amongs so many other awful things. I am sorry for the people who cared for him, but that's about it.

"joking or not"....you realize that makes all the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back