News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember all these people saying how awful it was that the unqualified Mike Ford defeated the highly qualified, respected John Hastings as school trustee. In fact Hastings wasn't highly qualified or respected at all, he was a rabid social conservative who often seconded Trustee Sam's motions.
Yeah I was never overly impressed with the "qualifications" argument. School trustee is not a big deal. I'll take genuine enthusiasm over office/administrative experience. And Mike seems to care about schools and students. Maybe it's not so bad to have a younger person who can relate to student concerns in the position.

Mammo
CeKlws2UAAA-tlB.jpg:large

more:
CeKwvWlVIAEB5YW.jpg:large

I really want to see the end of Mammo's sentence and if it should be "your" or "you're" :p

Just curious what justice awaits those of us who fail your test with regards to things like "decorum and basic decency"? I assume you are the one to ask as you appear to be judge and juror in this area?

No, that's obviously not what I meant. You can tell I didn't mean that, since I didn't write that.

The "justice" that I'd like Rob Ford to face is the same that I'd like anyone guilty of similar offences, including but not limited to: jail time for drunk driving; censure and penalty at council for breaking council rules, holding council in contempt, and general conduct unbecoming; a grilling from the media for refusing to answer even basic questions in the public interest; or a pummelling at the ballot box for plainly disrespecting voters.

As an atheist, I don't believe Ford is now off to face a final judgement. I wanted to see justice served here on earth, but Ford benefited for virtually his whole life from family wealth, political connections, milquetoast media and politicians, and inept or corrupt law enforcement. He was also surrounded, it seems, by enablers to went to herculean lengths to avoid challenging him with the hard truth.

I understand that you're keen to push back against what you perceive to be a callous reaction here to Ford's death. I think you'll find that I've not danced on the man's grave. On the other hand, your position here - if we follow your logic further - paints you into an odd corner of arguing that Ford actually shouldn't be judged for driving drunk, assaulting colleagues in council, lying to the press, or holding raging benders in his own office after hours (or that I'm somehow being arbitrary or hoity-toity for suggesting that said behaviour is deserving of punishment). Is that really where we're going?

I really want to see the end of Mammo's sentence and if it should be "your" or "you're"

I'm hoping it reads "Your buddy, Gino Boy!"

I checked out the IHTWOMRF page and as you can expect a lot of predictable condolences and a whole lot of cognitive dissonance. I found this response particularly interesting given the brobignagian amount of cognitive dissonance required to even conceive of something that is so removed from reality on so many levels.

Dawn Langan In his memory I hope the new Trudeau government allocates all their expected marijuana revenue to the health care system to help those who need medication for fighting any disease no matter their status on the social ladder.

I checked out the IHTWOMRF page and as you can expect a lot of predictable condolences and a whole lot of cognitive dissonance. I found this response particularly interesting given it's the sheer amount of cognitive dissonance required to even conceive of something that is so removed from reality on so many levels.

Dawn Langan In his memory I hope the new Trudeau government allocates all their expected marijuana revenue to the health care system to help those who need medication for fighting any disease no matter their status on the social ladder.
I personally like the comments that blame the "haters", TOry, etc. for the stress that gave him cancer and ultimately death.

Yeah I was never overly impressed with the "qualifications" argument. School trustee is not a big deal. I'll take genuine enthusiasm over office/administrative experience. And Mike seems to care about schools and students. Maybe it's not so bad to have a younger person who can relate to student concerns in the position.

And if he ran for Rob's seat he would probably be the most progressive councillor in Etobicoke!

This is weird:

Sad day indeed. I always hoped he would fight his way back. There is one consolation though, after the Ontario Liberals shamelessly used his troubles as a diversion every time there was a scandal, Rob's death has upstaged the Federal Liberals first budget. Rob would be happy.

Okay...your guy just died and all you can think about his how his death upstage the federal budget (nevermind that you're sharing the newsday with a terror attack, but really....), and that he would be "happy"?

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back