8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Speaking to me and Warmington, Michael Ford says he hasn't yet spoken to Doug about who might run in ward 2.
Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Warmington pointed out that it should be Michael's decision alone to make. Michael wasn't so sure about that.

I knew he didn't care about being a trustee...

Exactly. Representing the people of Ontario is a Head of State role, so as head of government Wynne had an excuse not to go. This is precisely the sort of reason why we waste all that money on Lt.Govs and Gov Gens.
Wynne represents the people (parliament) and the Lt. Governor represents the Queen. This not the place for discussing the pros and cons of being a Constitutional Monarchy or Republic.

Wynne represents the people (parliament) and the Lt. Governor represents the Queen. This not the place for discussing the pros and cons of being a Constitutional Monarchy or Republic.
the Honourable Sir William Deane described one of his functions as being "Chief Mourner" at prominent funerals
Can we discuss whether Ford Nation is a hereditary monarchy or a republic?

Last edited:
The memorial is getting bigger.

Ce1mYSJUsAElHLe.jpg_large.jpg

Attachments

• Ce1mYSJUsAElHLe.jpg_large.jpg
    Ce1mYSJUsAElHLe.jpg_large.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 481
I saw Massoudi on the livestream in front of the church. He gave Renata a long hug. I also saw Kathy and her rarely-seen daughter, Jennifer.

I was struck by how you never seemed to see Mikey anywhere near his mother. He was always hanging around up front with Doug.

I know my mother wouldn't have let me get away with that at an important family function.

Doug Sr. - United Church of Canada
Diane Ford - Anglican
Doug Jr. - Christian?/Asshole (implied)
Karla Middlebrook - Christian?/Judish (reformed)
Rob Ford - Anglican (Just this moment on CP2Ford)/Hedonist
Renata Ford - Catholic

Actually, if there *were* an omnibus religion to cover them all...

Bobdobbs.png

why? Obviously Goldsbie and Joe asked him and he's just answering, he didn't say he was interested. Goldsbie even implies he may be pressured into it to fulfill family obligations.

True, he might actually like the trustee thing, but it is beyond his control.

Causing yet another by-election created by family machinations would look bad on them.

re the place in Council, I think that anyone appointed cannot run in the next election, so unlikely Doug woul put his name in if they went this route,

It's okay, in all likelihood the Sun will go under and she will move over to Rebel, in the illustrious company of Ezra et al.

AoD

As for Warmington...is he good enough for Rebel? Otherwise, his loser-bashing might well suggest another Graeme case in the works...

Can we discuss whether Ford Nation is a hereditary monarchy or a republic?
I don't think we can discus that either since Dougie (Rob son) is not of an age to choose to run for public office unless you would broaden the scope to include the partisan office of Doug Sr., then indeed one can say the Ford family is following a hereditary pattern in how it's members holding office but you would have to beat the the virtual randomness of a true democracy unfettered by privilege which appears to be the case at least in Ward 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back