News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good piece by David Nickle:

"THE CITY: Trying to find forgiveness for Rob Ford"

"The truth of that is that Rob Ford stepped off a well-run campaign and into a job that he bungled from nearly the beginning. At some point, booze and other drugs overtook him and made things worse.

But there is little evidence that he loved Toronto enough, never mind too much, and plenty of evidence that drunk or sober, he despised significant elements of the city. His accomplishments – abolishing the car tax and the contracting out of some garbage collection – are few. The damage he did – to public transit, to the simple level of discourse – is considerable.

And for that, and many other things, he never once apologized. As good as it might feel to grant, forgiveness is really not an option."

https://t.co/l1F0jbXus8

Ford's name on the voting screen has been replaced with a period.

Screen shot 2016-03-31 at 12.08.19 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-03-31 at 12.08.19 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-03-31 at 12.08.19 PM.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 599
A standing council meeting without a Ford to miss a meeting or a vote due to indifference, a sports game or something more important than serving the people and democracy. After ~15 years, I feel like... free.

I didn't find Renata's behaviour particularly shocking - she looked out of it and like she could've keeled over - but that's what I'd expect
A standing council meeting without a Ford to miss a meeting or a vote due to indifference, a sports game or something more important than serving the people and democracy. After ~15 years, I feel like... free.
well, except that everything was pushed back due to his funeral...still putting a gum in the works.

Last edited:
John Filion was one of the few from the Left to speak and, unlike most of the others, managed to personally reminisce about man while acknowledging his many personal and professional flaws . . . but beyond that it was pretty much a circle jerk, with Mammo leading the pack.

He actually claimed that the following is his favourite memory of the time he spent with Rob.

And back to Thompson, I think this clip alone, the glee with which he lights into John Barber, puts lie to the suggestion Rob was never mean. Maybe Thompson never saw that face, but it will be a long time before a lot of people will be able to get it out of my head.

How can someone be called a "fat fuck" and somehow be portrayed as being mean? He didn't even notice the comment until it was pointed out to him. Even then I didn't think his reaction was out of line. Especially when it has been said by self righteous guy who writes for The Star. That comment, had it been said by Ford, to some Star reporter would have been all over the front pages for "body shaming". I would have responded much worse...something along the lines of "fuck you you bald headed ugly turd".

I'd say falsely implying a journalist is a pedophile, accusing him of taking pictures of kids, calling Trudeau a fag, telling a woman to go to Iran to get shot and raped, threatening to commit murder and the general sneering contempt he had for 90 percent of this city suggests he may have had a mean bone in his body.

I feel for the Ford kids; eventually they will read/hear their Dad being a total prick. Ford talking about his wife giving sexual favours etc is going to mess them up.

Learning that your father offered your mom to strangers for sex would mess some kids up. It's kind of a mean thing to do.

How can someone be called a "fat fuck" and somehow be portrayed as being mean? He didn't even notice the comment until it was pointed out to him. Even then I didn't think his reaction was out of line. Especially when it has been said by self righteous guy who writes for The Star. That comment, had it been said by Ford, to some Star reporter would have been all over the front pages for "body shaming". I would have responded much worse...something along the lines of "fuck you you bald headed ugly turd".

I'm not giving Barber a pass on his comment (although Mammoliti seems to be the only person there who heard him utter it).

I am reacting to the unrestrained glee Ford takes as he gets to use it to avoid Barber's question, berate him, and ultimately chase him away.

And that face! That is not the face of someone who has been shamed. That is the face of someone who really enjoys a fight and loves having the better of people. You can see it again in this delightful montage:

"Oh, are you worried about your grants?"

Sorry, but back to the original point, there were a whole bag of nasty bones in that body.

I'd say falsely implying a journalist is a pedophile, accusing him of taking pictures of kids, calling Trudeau a fag, telling a woman to go to Iran to get shot and raped, threatening to commit murder and the general sneering contempt he had for 90 percent of this city suggests he may have had a mean bone in his body.

And let's not forget the drunken tirade at ACC, followed by accusing others of lying before the about face:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ology-from-councillor-who-lied/article708270/

Don't blame it on alcohol either - the initial outburst might be booze driven - the false accusation and lies afterward aren't. He certainly had no qualms about lying, soiling the names of others and otherwise throw someone under the bus to save his skin. I would call that "mean" - and together with the other examples, constitute a pattern of behaviour that is downright illustrative of his ethics - that is, the lack thereof.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back