News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, since we're considering the movie version, how about this:

Rob Ford's death was a fake.
He needed time to recover, away from the prying eyes of the media, to spend time with his beloved family -- and to make way for Doug.
As Diane put it, "it's Dougie's turn", and it was her idea in the first place. The police honor guard was to ensure no one opened the coffin to check anything was missing.
Rob's now living at the cottage, and working on a local road crew. Ironically, they fill a lot of potholes. There have already been a few "sightings" at Timmies. Shades of Elvis (almost).
Doug's people have also been talking with Trump's people. There may be extra campaign funds available for "friendly" politicians north of the border, but that's an intrigue for another day...

I wonder if, like other cheap low-taxing free enterprisers, FoFam has any laundry in Panama. Fonseca has an active office in Miami. Apparently, among other services, for instance, hiding wealth from ex-spouses, especially by heavily lawyered up clients, is a convenience for millionaires and we have had hints that a few Canadians are in the data drop.

Please, please, please. puhhhleeeeese let this happen. Please.

• The Ward 2 by-election
  • The Scarborough by-election
  • Sandro Lisi's trial
  • Post-mortem "revelations" from friends and foes
Agreed that all this Renata stuff is straying too far from the intent of the thread, but there is a lot of relevant political material still to come.

See I don't like when folks show up and demand a thread be shut down. Ok suggest - I'm snippy it's cold.
It would be like walking into a conversation of people at a table who have been clearly enjoying themselves (and the jokes, the conspiracy, the break from a long day..) and announce they all need to stop talking, pack their shit up and leave.

I always assumed a forum would close when it no longer is used.

Agreed it's gonna be another while yet before the fords are not publicized.
Change the name of the thread of that satisfies OCD leanings but other wise noo!!! Love this place ! ;D

My guess is Renata is a token wife to promote the "Family Values" (and pop out heirs) that is a favourite in Republican Religious Right Conservative circles to garner votes from the little people Folks.

However, what's that saying about not sleeping with someone who is crazier than you are... Robbie was probably the stopper to Renata's vile of twattle.

However, once again...she probably had more as a linchpin behind RoFo's "Night Shift" than she's given credit for.

Wow, scary thought. I hope not.

Realistically though, I think the chances are remote. She seems like a loose canon and impossible for FoFam to control the narrative. So, they would not be down with that.......I hope!:)

Never mind that; beyond it all, one wonders if Renata'll generate some internal-civil-war crisis within the FoFam--maybe hinted at by her, uh, loopy funeral-day behaviour. To most of us, *that* was the first tangible indication of how far gone she was.

Wasn't Rob supposed to have a gun of his father's? Would it still be in Renata's possession? I can practically see her shooting her kids and then herself so they could all be "with daddy" and away from those horrible horrible haters...

I really don't think FoFam is in that league yet.
That depends on what business, beside Politics, they're in and how to explain how they've managed to be so far above the law for so long. Its been like a fortress, particularly given how much is "known" about the nature and "valuess" of this lot if, as Doug advises, you put the dots together folks.

Reports are that 350 accounts in the Panama Papers are Canadian, and M-F is only the 4th largest such law firm globally. And while the focus so far has been on politicians we know that the largest "corporations" are criminal enterprises, not label manufacturers even if they are transnational. Remember, expanding Deco to Chicago was Doug's doing. As a family company they can keep their 'business' private.

There's been a lot of questions raised about this Dynasty that haven't been satisfactorily answered and I think there's been a lot of "made ya look" in the shitshow antics of the key characters. I don't expect the Fords to be on the M-F list, but then I wouldn't be surprised if they were either.

Yep, he does live downtown; SAL, one of the biggest self styled champions of the truth, the taxpayer, and the Folks lives in New Forest (just below Forest Hill, south of Eglinton).

Yeah, that's why it's slightly ironic that she gets so exercised about stuff like that condo/retail project in Riverdale with the car dealerships, as if she really cares about that part of town. But I thought Forest Hill was south of Eglinton? Never heard it called New Forest before.

I wonder if, like other cheap low-taxing free enterprisers, FoFam has any laundry in Panama. Fonseca has an active office in Miami. Apparently, among other services, for instance, hiding wealth from ex-spouses, especially by heavily lawyered up clients, is a convenience for millionaires and we have had hints that a few Canadians are in the data drop.

I think they might be a little too small-time for that. I mean, their idea of lawyering up is to call on Dennis Morris. Even if they had enough cash to make it worthwhile to stash it offshore, I don't think Panama would have occurred to them as a natural progression from whatever their holdings in Florida are about. Maybe the Bahamas, Bermuda or the Caymans.

I wonder how Deco is doing these days.

WTF is this lunacy? I think she's fallen off the wagon again:

She's, ah, a few waves short of a shipwreck, isn't she?

If Canada will 'kill you in taxes', why is Deco still here (or is it?)?

Tory was behind Blair's investigation into Ford even before Tory was mayor?

And I guess the Wednesday after Easter Monday is still technically Easter, but, um, will we be witness to a rolling back of the stone?

So should we rename the thread "Doug Ford's Scarborough"?

In all seriousness, "Rob Ford's Toronto" remains the perfect name for this thread, since 30-odd percent of people in this city continue to see Toronto through his strange, distorted lens.

The converse of "It's what Rob would have wanted" of course is "that sounds like something Rob would have said." And this thread is as good a place as any to keep pointing out the Fordian assholery that still pervades our politics . . . and will, unfortunately, for the foreseeable future.

Quite true. "Rob Ford's Toronto" doesn't mean all of Toronto, and it's not even a physical description (Etobicoke) -- it refers just as much to a state of mind, and to things affected by Rob Ford. And without Rob, the other Fords (including Doug Sr) could never have been as much of a factor.

But if we must rename the thread, I suggest "Doug Ford sucks" -- it covers all past, current and future topics, and we won't have to rename the thread again because it will never not be true.

Yeah, that's why it's slightly ironic that she gets so exercised about stuff like that condo/retail project in Riverdale with the car dealerships, as if she really cares about that part of town. But I thought Forest Hill was south of Eglinton? Never heard it called New Forest before.

Yeah, it kind of confuses me, too--but Forest Hill *does* go N of Eglinton as well; and that part, extending into the panhandle to the Allen Road, is by and large newer (and more Jewish). Yet that doesn't explain SAL being *south* of Eg; could that be related to Cedarvale, or something that "affiliates" itself with Forest Hill on "status" grounds? Certainly explains her past obsessions with the Eglinton Crosstown construction...

The latest:

Love you daddy for being a good man. Now my husband and father are in heaven together. Lost two very important men in my live in one week. God take care of them. Love you so much. Renata Ford.

My aunt died from her cancer yesterday. Lung cancer that spread all over her body, including to her brain. Brutal way to go.

Even though she quit smoking a few years ago it caught up with her. Hopefully my mother in law is in the clear as she smoked just as heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back