News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

get your stuff and fix the damn switches already.

Other then some that are out of service electrically there isn't a problem with the switches. Sometimes they don't get the signal to change from the back of the streetcar passing for various reasons. It's a safety issue thath they stop at a switch to check before crossing it. There were a few incidents were streetcars derailed because the switch wasn't set right one of them it ended up on the side walk at Queens Quay and Spadina.

I wonder if they've done it for the crosstown line as well as there was talk of grass early on
As far as I know, no grass on the Crosstown was proposed.

Some TTC personal are anti streetcars and will go out of their way to kill it. Lack of funding hasn't help the switch problems as well the anti streetcar folks at all levels for Toronto.

How hard is it to get a few barrels of red paint to paint the intersections red with large DO NOT ENTER for cars??? When time comes to replace the rails, time to lay grass and tell EMS where to go since they don't use the ROW in the first place.

^And soon Spadina and The Queensway will follow suit as well

Spadina yes.

The Queensway however uses open tracks. Cars that enter those right-of-ways very soon find out they do not belong.

streetcar-4106-04.jpg

streetcar-4106-05.jpg

we looked very closely what drivers may or may not do during both the EA study and design stage. What I and the team wanted was shoot down by Transportation, since we wanted this road to be more local, not the 4 lane bypass transportation wanted.

We got a single lane in each direction with a turning lane left only at the end of the day compare to no turning lanes that the team wanted as well Waterfront Toronto. Need to make sure there is no right turning on red sign up to the point of using LEDS for it like the no left turn ones.

The forum wants to know in what capacity did you serve to study and design QQ? You offer your opinions as if you have expertise in these matters, and it looks like you do and so your opinions are valued, but you don't say who you worked for or what your role was. So it gets a little confusing for some of us.

I took a walk down the Cherry line and into the newly opened Canary District today--I haven't been down frequently or looked in close detail, but I don't remember seeing a streetcar platform built on the line yet; this photo was taken facing North from Front St. & Cherry St--apologies if it's old news, seemed new to me:

cherry.JPG

I took a drive up Cherry St a few day ago, and noticed all these signs circled in the image are installed upside down.

Attachments

• cherry.JPG
    cherry.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 641
The forum wants to know in what capacity did you serve to study and design QQ? You offer your opinions as if you have expertise in these matters, and it looks like you do and so your opinions are valued, but you don't say who you worked for or what your role was. So it gets a little confusing for some of us.

He's Dave the architect, man. He goes to meetings or something. Isn't that enough for you? o_O

I don't think any UT member has any obligation to speak about their true identity if they don't want to. If they did, this would not be an anonymous community.

He's Dave the architect, man. He goes to meetings or something. Isn't that enough for you? o_O

Very few of us on UT give one their cv and we judge people by what they say and how they say it. Some people who appear to have inside knowledge turn out to be 'fakes'; some who comment only occasionally make very useful points and bring new insights. Some always assume the worst (you know who you are!) Others use positive or negative hyperbole. Drum is not always easy to understand and not always right but he (or she!) is one of our best sources.

Just move on as who the hell I am, as its not your business in the first place.

Unlike you, I walk the talk and heavy involved in dealing with transit issues at all levels right or wrong, mostly right and it includes going to meetings across the GTAH.

The QQ/Waterfront Team was made up of over 25 people from various departs of the city, TTC, Waterfront Toronto, public community and a consultant. The ward councilor(s) or a representative was there as well. Members change from EA to EA some what.

Now, who in the hell are you, what do you know about transit and do you get your hand dirty in dealing with Transit Issue or like your fingers do the talking???

I am 1% of the population who gives a damn as to what is going on around us and do something about it. There a few member here who fit in that 1% as well and know a few of them.

Last edited:
Just move on as who the hell I am, as its not your business in the first place.

Unlike you, I walk the talk and heavy involved in dealing with transit issues at all levels right or wrong, mostly right and it includes going to meetings across the GTAH.

The QQ/Waterfront Team was made up of over 25 people from various departs of the city, TTC, Waterfront Toronto, public community and a consultant. The ward councilor(s) or a representative was there as well. Members change from EA to EA some what.

I don't think who you are is as important as what your role is in all these projects you mention that you seem to be involved in. Could you clarify that?

I don't know much about transit. I'm here to learn.

I have never once claimed to have inside information or communicated information in a tone that expects people to listen and understand. There is no point in accusing me of not having a history in transit and infrastructure--I am explicitly saying I have none, but I have an interest and growing passion and desire to learn about developments in this realm. And I have a critical mind. I don't expect acquiescence to my every word.

On the other hand, there are people in this forum that communicate the opposite: that what they say is gospel. Perhaps it is, perhaps it is not. But it is encumbent on those people to explain, in some way, what their role has been and what experience they have that gives them a more authoritative voice here.

I'm not asking for names -- I'm asking for a job title or a company or heck, even X number of years working in Y industry.

It's like going to a college or university class. Would you want to learn from someone with experience, and tells you what that experience is and what they do for a living and for how long they have been doing that, or do you want to learn from someone that expects compliance and doesn't give any reasoning as to why they should be respected? Is that too much to ask?

p.s. Evidence that the "forum wants to know" can be found if you look at messages by others just prior to this message.

Back