News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is following so closely in Rob's footprints it's actually scary. Now he's cut off the Washington Post, because he doesn't like what they write about him. He's also smearing Obama with the same kind of "read between the lines" statements that Rob made about Daniel Dale.
With Dale in the U.S. covering this election, he must think he's watching Ground Hog Day 2016.

We will see just how wise their founding fathers were with the seperation of powers.

AoD

Trump is following so closely in Rob's footprints it's actually scary. Now he's cut off the Washington Post, because he doesn't like what they write about him. He's also smearing Obama with the same kind of "read between the lines" statements that Rob made about Daniel Dale.
With Dale in the U.S. covering this election, he must think he's watching Ground Hog Day 2016.
So who'd be Trump's version of Joe Warmington?

That guy Lou Dobbs is as hardcore a Trump supporters as you'll find. But he doesn't seem to have much of a platform these days. Remember he used to have a prime time spot on CNN? Can't stand that guy.

That guy Lou Dobbs is as hardcore a Trump supporters as you'll find. But he doesn't seem to have much of a platform these days. Remember he used to have a prime time spot on CNN? Can't stand that guy.

The Moneyline guy, always ranting about foreign trade and immigration? I can see that.

In terms of pundits who side with Trump, it is pretty even 50/50 in that regard. It has actually caused tension in the conservative media, as with various talking head fighting over the issue.

Came across this today and had a flashback to Bruno--
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/06/20/inside-the-gop-trump-dilemma

Governor Chris Christie, of New Jersey, another of Trump’s opponents early in the campaign, has transformed himself into a sort of manservant, who is constantly with Trump at events. (One Republican told me that a friend of his on the Trump campaign used Snapchat to send him a video of Christie fetching Trump’s McDonald’s order.)

Came across this today and had a flashback to Bruno--
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/06/20/inside-the-gop-trump-dilemma

Governor Chris Christie, of New Jersey, another of Trump’s opponents early in the campaign, has transformed himself into a sort of manservant, who is constantly with Trump at events. (One Republican told me that a friend of his on the Trump campaign used Snapchat to send him a video of Christie fetching Trump’s McDonald’s order.)

Well no surprise there! Chris Christie is doing anything to set himself up for a top position in Trump's Cabinet (given Trump wins).

So who'd be Trump's version of Joe Warmington?

Jeff Lord. He was on CNN a few days ago, trying to defend Trump by claiming that everyone else was being racist against Trump, and that Trump doesn't have the slightest bit of racism in him.

To keep this thread jag alive for whatever arbitrary (or not) reason...

I think the Big Gulp and the rise of the supersized soft drink in general is all about the perception of value. The illusion of value, more accurately. A big cup is already pretty cheap, but hey, a gargantuan one for just a little more, relatively speaking, seems like a huge bargain, a bulk discount. In reality, the cost of pop to the retailer is already incredibly low - way, way less than the price charged to the customer - a profit margin in the hundreds of percent. Fast-food outlets, movie theatre concessions and convenience store chains make more profit on cups of pop than almost anything else.

Big Gulps and Rob Ford are all about the appearance of being smart/careful with money while making an unnecessarily large purchase whose real cost is hidden.

I think in the case of a Rob Ford, especially, there's a different kind of Big Gulp vs Slurpee argument. Traditionally speaking, slushy/frozen treats are more the stuff of fall fairs, amusement parks, seaside/lakeside resorts et al; while megasized cups of soda operate more on a 70s football stadium scale where slushies might seem too wussy...

One of the Ward 2 candidates challenged Mikey to a televised debate. I bet he turns it down.

The Flagg Follies & D'Nation had a point in this post, however, I don't know if the errors are real or just an homage to Gawker. One thing for sure is that there sure is a lot of projection when it comes to pointing fingers in the "reality" of things with The FF & D'Nation.

160615-0001.png

Attachments

• 160615-0001.png
    160615-0001.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 546
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back