They should expropriate that stupid one-storey burger joint at the corner of Dundas and Aukland and put the new pedestrian entrance right there - with a 40 floor tower on top!

That's an obvious redevelopment site, although perhaps a bit small. Once the owners of this place see some redevelopment on the Canadian Tire land just to the west, maybe they'll smarten up.

This new terminal may be obsolete in just a few years if the GTTA implements a real fare zone system.

Please explain. I'm not sure how modifying the fare structure makes a difference beyond where they put the turnstiles.

Also the LRT for Mississauga Transit is right on Dundas, with an entrance to Kipling Station. It appears to be underground I think?

Phunky, that conceptual plan for the future Light Rail platform would be at the surface, and would require changes to the interim parking lot they are currently planning for the site. The major point of the plan is that it shows that LRT passengers would access the station from the new north entrance.

Phunky, that conceptual plan for the future Light Rail platform would be at the surface, and would require changes to the interim parking lot they are currently planning for the site. The major point of the plan is that it shows that LRT passengers would access the station from the new north entrance.

For which LRT? The Mississauga LRT or the Toronto LRT? They said they left out the Toronto LRT plans because it has no funding.

This is the Mississauga Dundas LRT that would loop at Kipling. There are no plans right now in Transit City to bring the St. Clair LRT (the most likely line) to go past Keele at this point.

This is the Mississauga Dundas LRT that would loop at Kipling. There are no plans right now in Transit City to bring the St. Clair LRT (the most likely line) to go past Keele at this point.

however, it is in the TTC's plan, though not under Transit City to extend St Clair to Runnymede, down to Jane Station, which would logically tie into the future Jane LRT line.

Oh, I had meant Jane, not Keele. I thought there were plans to extend St. Clair at least to Runnymede, even before Transit City, and then Moscoe was musing about extending the St. Clair line through to Kipling or Mississauga once.

Kipling June 19 Open House

The new East Entrance Open House for Kipling station will be help June
19 4-7pm. It will be on the east end of the Bus platform.

It will include 2 new platform extension, 25 vehicle pickup and 4 taxi
facility

The Design Review Panel roasted TTC's proposal - now it's under GO. I am not sure whether that's a blessing or not...

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/design_review/drp_kipling_charrette_letter.pdf

AoD

I still say lets move everything to Cloverdale and start fresh. Everyone will win with a subway extension, a better bus terminal for TTC let along MT and GO.

It will help to redeveloped the Honeydale lands faster.

You can build a new GO station there to replace Kipling.

I wonder what the review was like for Islington?

^ I agree 100%. There's no reason that extension should cost more than $100 million, either. The TTC shot it down by insanely claiming that it would have to be entirely tunnelled, despite the rail corridor in which it already runs east of Kipling.

^ I agree 100%. There's no reason that extension should cost more than $100 million, either. The TTC shot it down by insanely claiming that it would have to be entirely tunnelled, despite the rail corridor in which it already runs east of Kipling.

The problem with the rail corridor is the condo sitting right in the path of the extension.

Next to no room to shift tracks to get around it.

Another example of not protecting or building over the ROW.

Tunneling is the only option.

Don't tell me this project is being delayed! The Bloor-Islington lands can't be redeveloped until Kipling gets done. The demolition of the Six Points interchange could be affected as well.

I don't see much point in going to Cloverdale/East Mall as a one-off thing. At least breach the Mississauga border already. Mississauga has 700,000 people un(der)served by the subway.

Back