News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Or a cosmo-urban bohemian douchebag as seen on condo marketing material for the area. Cool modern hotels and bars and lounges are popping up all over the place.

Apologies for the low quality. It was taken from my phone.
September 31,2007

1928068522_1c2101d7ac_b.jpg

Great shot. Hopefully you can update us from this location in the future.

wow, great panorama shot... makes the density look amazing! Though off to the left there is a bit of an empty space that needs to be filled by the next phase of the City Hall condos...

There have been rumblings that Roy Thompson Hall could use the lot to the south (facing Wellington) for expansion or a new chamber music facility.

^^I think that would be a good idea- that lot is just big enough to handle something along the lines of a smaller, more intimate concert venue- not to mention that it would/could enliven that stretch of Wellington.

p5

Though with the excellent Glenn Gould Studio just across the street in the CBC building, Walter Hall and the MacMillan Theatre in the Edward Johnson Building up at the U of T, The St.Lawrence Centre used by Opera in Concert and for recitals, the Isabel Bader Theatre, several downtown churches regularly holding small choral and chamber works, even the Music Gallery on John Street, and with the new Royal Conservatory performance spaces coming soon, is it necessary?

Though with the excellent Glenn Gould Studio just across the street in the CBC building, Walter Hall and the MacMillan Theatre in the Edward Johnson Building up at the U of T, The St.Lawrence Centre used by Opera in Concert and for recitals, the Isabel Bader Theatre, several downtown churches regularly holding small choral and chamber works, even the Music Gallery on John Street, and with the new Royal Conservatory performance spaces coming soon, is it necessary?

Moreover, I have doubts about whether that space is really usable. It's the access for the loading docks, for one thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it sat on top of some kind of mechanical...

3D has the answer to the RTH loading docks all worked out, and his plan certainly has more panache that the decidedly dull RBC Centre tower. What did we do to deserve the unambitious suits that run this backwater?

Back