Well, I am going to be in this building. We purchased a large unit on the top floor. I'm hoping we'll get at least some view of downtown even with The Verve in the way.

2600 sq ft, 2 parking, 2 lockers

November 10th update

The first photo is at Sherbourne Street facing west, second photo is the middle of the site facing south and the third photo is the back section (west end) of 500 Sherbourne site

PICT0944.jpg

PICT0948.jpg

PICT0945.jpg

wow, they already have trees planted around the perimeter of the Verve site... that is cleaning up really nicely! This whole block is being nicely reclaimed! 2600 sq ft on the top floor of 500 Sherbourne sounds amazing and expensive - congrats on your purchase!

Tridel doesn't mess around, plus fall is the best time to plant trees

wow, they already have trees planted around the perimeter of the Verve site... that is cleaning up really nicely! This whole block is being nicely reclaimed! 2600 sq ft on the top floor of 500 Sherbourne sounds amazing and expensive - congrats on your purchase!

Dt: Were you walking a dog today while you took those?

Last edited:
We bought last summer when business was slow, and got an awesome deal. No way we could get it now. Hopefully it all works out. All Miele appliance, Kohler bathroom, we just milked them.

Dt: Were you walking a dog today while you took those?

Yes, 'twas I with dog in tow (or her towing me as was the case yesterday). There was a lot of really sketchy characters in the neighbourhood there yesterday - reminded me of the Zombie Walk last month, then there was a creepy guy in a mini van when I was in the laneway taking some shots of the 500 site. Oh - could that have been you? :D

Casaguy, below is a rendering of the site which looks more like it sits somewhere along the Oak Ridges Moraine than on Sherbourne Street. If I'm not mistaken the front of the highrise faces Sherbourne so this rendering shows the north and west side of the project. To put that into perspective, the north end of the Verve lofts would be just beyond that tree on the right.

500_Sherbourne1.jpg

Thanks, DT... I wonder if it'll actually end up looking so "white". This rendering is reminiscent of the render for everyone's favourite "Mosaic" on Spadina where the building was bright whites and greys but turned out dark brown.

What's the small building off to the right supposed to be?

P.S... having lived at 565 Sherbourne many years ago I know all too well how "shady" those streets are. But I guess very convenient if you need to score.:rolleyes:

I was very close to buying a two bedroom unit on the 14th floor of the building, but I just wasn't sold on the neighbourhood. I'm sure it's gonna get better with developments like this and Verve but not by the time I'd have been ready to sell my place.

wow, they already have trees planted around the perimeter of the Verve site

The trees are planted across the street from Verve in the future community park

January 12th Update

Another big pit

PICT1184.jpg

PICT1187.jpg

Back