Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
100 SIMCOE ST
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

Rezoning application for a 59-storey mixed-use retail, office, and residential project: 524 dwelling units, 17,171 square metres of office space, 785 square metres of retail, 4 levels of below-grade parking
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 16 192792 STE 20 OZ Jul 18, 2016 Under Review

upload_2016-7-19_6-3-40.png

I believe this proposal could be for the existing parking structure at the rear of this address?

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-19_6-3-40.png
    upload_2016-7-19_6-3-40.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 6,476
Last edited:
If indeed this is going where the parking garage is behind 100 Simcoe, it will certainly make for two more significant pending structures for this area with 19 Duncan going up right next door on Adelaide and right behind the recently completed Theatre Park and very close to the massive Mirvish-Gehry towers. Tiny Pearl Street is going to be a hub of activity in the years ahead. Wow!!

If indeed this is going where the parking garage is behind 100 Simcoe, it will certainly make for two more significant pending structures for this area with 19 Duncan going up right next door on Adelaide and right behind the recently completed Theatre Park and very close to the massive Mirvish-Gehry towers. Tiny Pearl Street is going to be a hub of activity in the years ahead. Wow!!

I believe that this proposal would be in addition to the 56 storey 217 Adelaide proposal by Humbold Properties, as well as the Allied / Westbank 19 Duncan initiative. The Urbantoronto article on the 217 Adelaide proposal is here: http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2015/05/humbold-properties-proposes-56-storey-tower-adelaide

So with THREE potential high rises, yes - the Pearl / Adelaide area between Simcoe and Duncan could become a real hive of activity in the years ahead.

Diamond Schmitt. 197.9m. 7 storeys of office, 49 stories of residential with retail at grade. 217 Adelaide gambit is mentioned once in the planning rationale and does not appear on any of the drawings...

No heritage building or parking garage retention proposed.

Image 3.JPG

Capture.JPG

Image 1.JPG

Image 2.JPG

Attachments

• Image 3.JPG
    Image 3.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 3,759
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 3,565
  • Image 1.JPG
    Image 1.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 5,399
  • Image 2.JPG
    Image 2.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 4,346
I'm open to seeing the existing structure being replaced. It's been heavily modified already and has a large street frontage with a raised main floor. This proposal sucks though.

Disappointing does not cover this adequately!

Setting aside the issue of heritage preservation; something I think to be worthwhile on this site.

The proposal is downright ugly. Its not simply lacking in ambition, its down right hideous.

I've seen worse, but not often.

I'm not one for overly strong critiques of architecture. But this genuinely offends. If D+S are passing this off as their work, time to dissolve the firm.

Back