I am not sure if it's even a sign. There are two squares at the top, that look like they are the same size and in the same formation as the Uniqlo sign squares just a bit south on the facade. I have a feeling that they are simply building out the facade for Uniqlo. It is difficult to tell at this point. (I think we will know in a few weeks though).

I hope its colorful but something other than a video screen. A smaller version of this colour-changing grid would look great next to H&M's white facade. I'm also hoping for a ticker.

blog_import_4d0892bfcb421.jpg

I am not sure if it's even a sign. There are two squares at the top, that look like they are the same size and in the same formation as the Uniqlo sign squares just a bit south on the facade. I have a feeling that they are simply building out the facade for Uniqlo. It is difficult to tell at this point. (I think we will know in a few weeks though).

Good observation. It totally looks like it will be a Uniqlo sign with those little squares. I hope it's back-lit.

Based on the renderings, it looks like there is still a "third" retailer (the brown two-storey storefront).

The floor plans and announced square footage still show Uniqlo taking the interior space to the west. I'm assuming Uniqlo really pushed for some street presence in negotiations... and successfully got a "hallway entrance" between Nordstrom and the "third" retailer (where the white facade goes down to street level). Looks like it also continues two-storeys above the yet-to-be-announced retail space.

Because Toronto isn't a big media market and so building a cool store here wouldn't help to promote your brand as it would elsewhere?

Another disappointment. I wasn't even expecting anything amazing, but a blank wall is extremely underwhelming.

Back