IMO, There are nicer mixed use, hotel residential combos in Toronto.

Haha enrigue, i dont know about that...there is lots of nice stuff around the world:)
Yes , I know there is a lot of good looking skyscrapers in the world.
I m a big fan of world skyscrapers you know.
Some of most spectaculas ones are Burj al Arab(Dubai), Burj khlaifa(Dubai), q1 tower(gold coast) and many others.
For me the design of this hotel is world class.
I love the the unique shape of the twin towers. It good to see something like that in Canada.
For me Toronto has one of best architecture in world and i m proud of that.
Building like L tower, Aura, 1 bloor, Emerald park condos,Ritz, Ey,Absolute towers or Mirvish make me pround of This city.

Architecture is the power of a city.
:)

Since they asked for multiple proposals, does this mean that it is less likely to be a zoning exercise?

I've seen the P+S/IBI design for this - it was significantly better than the G+C version - faint praise - I know.

Yes , I know there is a lot of good looking skyscrapers in the world.
I m a big fan of world skyscrapers you know.
Some of most spectaculas ones are Burj al Arab(Dubai), Burj khlaifa(Dubai), q1 tower(gold coast) and many others.
For me the design of this hotel is world class.
I love the the unique shape of the twin towers. It good to see something like that in Canada.
For me Toronto has one of best architecture in world and i m proud of that.
Building like L tower, Aura, 1 bloor, Emerald park condos,Ritz, Ey,Absolute towers or Mirvish make me pround of This city.

Architecture is the power of a city.
:)

The curvy, anonymous towers are residential. The deliberately, awkward growth on the taller one is the hotel.

The towers remind me of a couple Kirkor concepts. Hopefully, the execution is a million times better if this becomes a reality

Standard procedure is to bid on a project, it's not that unusual, no matter the clients intent on what they want to do with the work.

Yeah, these guys are real estate investors. They aren't your typical development company with a go to or an in house design firm.

This is actually surprising, the existing buildings aren't too old.

Would really like to see 2 Carlton redeveloped.

Why? I think it's a very handsome structure. What's the matter with it?

Hmm I think your wish may come true
Something is brewing there?

2 CARLTON ST
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 16 232828 STE 27 OZ Oct 4, 2016 Application Received

I would expect something really crazy if that refers to a complete redevelopment. Maybe 3 figures. Take many years to clear out that building of all its tenants.

Back