How do they keep the store staffed if the lgbtiq community need not apply?

They have queer staff no doubt. But from what I have been told from former staff there etc (I work for the competition and admittedly am somewhat biased) during world pride they did a pride window and the owners demanded it to be taken down, and from what I gather someone ultimately was wrongfully dismissed.
I know a number of people who have worked at various Curry's locations over the years and all have said that the owners are very strict in their religious beliefs. They are Cristadelphians, I'm sure they must knowingly hire queer workers, but they certainly don't like their brand associated.

Cr21ZPeXYAE-RD0.jpg

Attachments

• Cr21ZPeXYAE-RD0.jpg
    Cr21ZPeXYAE-RD0.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,245
What's the material used on the clock tower? And what happened to 480-482 Yonge st.?

upload_2016-9-8_16-33-44.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-8_16-33-44.png
    upload_2016-9-8_16-33-44.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,145
Last edited:
I have to say that's a bit of a disappointment to me. The fun stuff (interesting podium) is gone. Can't really complain about the tower, as I don't know what it looked like before. This seems busier though and I don't know exactly where my eyes should be drawn to.

I have to say that's a bit of a disappointment to me. The fun stuff (interesting podium) is gone. Can't really complain about the tower, as I don't know what it looked like before. This seems busier though and I don't know exactly where my eyes should be drawn to.
@Urban-Affair The previous version of the tower is available on page 16. Personally this is an improvement depending on the materials used, as I didn't like the light sabers going up the tower before. However this now looks like almost every other Cresford tower...

Well. That isn't good. Cresford are painfully mediocre. The podium is disappointing compared to the previous design. The tower was never much to get excited about but this one just looks like a clunkier casa mash up.

The podium is "meh" but at least they're saving the clock tower.

EDIT: I'm looking at the render again and I can't tell if the clock tower is being incorporated into the podium or carved out and left alone.

I think they've done a fairly terrible job with that rendering: it doesn't resolve at all from the clock tower south, as there's no way in the world that stuccoed two-storey architectural infelicity is going to remain onsite.

I think they've done a fairly terrible job with that rendering: it doesn't resolve at all from the clock tower south, as there's no way in the world that stuccoed two-storey architectural infelicity is going to remain onsite.

The tops of the baclonied portions of the tower in that render are also terribly obscured - is there some sort of metal exoskeleton that caps off those parts of the tower? And why do some balconies look significantly more opaque than others (I fear the answer to the latter question is "because the material will be mostly transparent and will look fairly awful")?

aA designed now - I'm sure ProjectEnd can confirm that.

It's amazing how Cresford consistently sells such high amounts of pre-construction units. Makes me wonder if it will be as easy for them to sell 100+ storeys of units at their YSL project once it's released.

Back