News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I would suggest a dirty, dimly-lit, urine-stained, graffiti-strewn, flood-prone concrete tunnel under Lake Shore to speed pedestrians to Queens Quay, except that this is the Lower Simcoe thread, and therefore concerned with matters too far west to mention the whole Distillery passageway thing here again.

I see Light..............................Removal of earth is underway and well on the way being open in early 2008. Couple more beams and end closure to be added.

Go than can relocate the track work back to where it was before construction started. Not sure if provisions has been made to the east sidewalk area for new stairwell to the platform.

2087751571_0b8dbf5873_b.jpg

2087750707_490682891b_b.jpg

great pics drum!

The height still looks very shallow. I wonder if the porter shuttle will even fit under this bridge?

actually, this should ease traffic on Spadina, as cars from the core will not have to go to Spadina first to get onto the Gardiner. They can go down Lower Simcoe to Lakeshore and up onto the Gardiner.

Hopefuly this will ease the MASS of cars that squeeze through CityPlace's small side streets (Blue Jay Way and Navy Wharf Court).

The height still looks very shallow. I wonder if the porter shuttle will even fit under this bridge?

According to post #41 above, the bridge will have 4.5m clearance when completed, enough for tractor-trailers, and even GO double-decker buses to use.

Bill

actually, this should ease traffic on Spadina, as cars from the core will not have to go to Spadina first to get onto the Gardiner. They can go down Lower Simcoe to Lakeshore and up onto the Gardiner.

Hopefuly this will ease the MASS of cars that squeeze through CityPlace's small side streets (Blue Jay Way and Navy Wharf Court).

ahhh..

I didn't realize it was a straight connection down to the lake.

for traffic wanting to go westbound on the Gardiner, how does this help? if you go down simcoe to lakeshore, the first chance you have to access the gardiner is at Jamieson, so that's where the new congestion will be

lakeshore is elevated where it cross spadina, there is no access onto the gardiner there, unless i am mistaken

Westbound Lakeshore goes over top of Spadina on a bridge.
You can't actually get on to the Gardiner at Jameson during the rush hour either.

I guess people will have to go through Cityplace if they choose this route.

This could put more traffic onto Bremner and Spadina. People could take Simcoe to Bremner, and then Spadina to the Gardiner.

Back