Despite the dubious rational for expanding the Spadina line into Vaughn, I do give the city full marks for aggressively creating transit friendly and high density along the corridor.

Despite the dubious rational for expanding the Spadina line into Vaughn, I do give the city full marks for aggressively creating transit friendly and high density along the corridor.

It's not really that dubious. The extra cost is $900 million and York Region is paying two thirds of that (Toronto, by comparison, is only covering 40% of its 6.2 km portion), so why not connect Toronto's rapid transit to York Region's rapid transit?

Our front page story is up here, (with piles more detail and several renderings), while the dataBase file is now live at the top of the thread too!

The tower is an elegant, simple design. Andrew Hoffman of CentreCourt assured me today that they are going to build it as rendered; clean, no million mullion mess. I really want to believe them, I want that to be true.

The entire crew today at the launch event—Shamez Virani (CentreCourt), Rob Gentile (Buca), Mitch Goldhar (SmartREIT), Maurizio Bevilacqua (Mayor of Vaughan), Andrew Hoffman (CentreCourt), Don Schmitt (Diamond Schmitt), and I'm very sorry about I don't who the last person in the party is, she was the only one out of this group who did not speak—gave a confident, good humoured, no attitude presentation. I finally gave me the feeling that Vaughan's downtown might actually work, given a little time.

DSC09344.jpg

Attachments

• DSC09344.jpg
    DSC09344.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 1,810
That's why "Condos" is there in the thread title. It's not really in the name, but the confusion that would result if 'Condos' wasn't there? Erp!

It's not really that dubious. The extra cost is $900 million and York Region is paying two thirds of that (Toronto, by comparison, is only covering 40% of its 6.2 km portion), so why not connect Toronto's rapid transit to York Region's rapid transit?
That's just capital costs. They're not contributing any of the operating costs, which will be the highest per passenger for the portion of the subway in Vaughan.

The tower is an elegant, simple design. Andrew Hoffman of CentreCourt assured me today that they are going to build it as rendered; clean, no million mullion mess. I really want to believe them, I want that to be true.

The entire crew today at the launch event—Shamez Virani (CentreCourt), Rob Gentile (Buca), Mitch Goldhar (SmartREIT), Maurizio Bevilacqua (Mayor of Vaughan), Andrew Hoffman (CentreCourt), Don Schmitt (Diamond Schmitt), and I'm very sorry about I don't who the last person in the party is, she was the only one out of this group who did not speak—gave a confident, good humoured, no attitude presentation. I finally gave me the feeling that Vaughan's downtown might actually work, given a little time.

View attachment 104993

The woman on the right is local city councilor for the Ward that this building is in, Sandra Yeung-Racco. She is married to formal Liberal MPP Mario Racco.

And I know a lot of people on this forum like to make fun of Steven Del Duca for all his photo ops, but he has nothing on Vaughan Mayor Maurizio Bevilacqua, he is the true master.

That's just capital costs. They're not contributing any of the operating costs, which will be the highest per passenger for the portion of the subway in Vaughan.

As one can appreciate, York Region transit riders are also fare paying ? (possible pay-by-distance in the near future) ... I'm not 100% certain but I recall reading that York Region taxes will be used to fund operational costs of this extension as well, Toronto is certainly not going to pay "out of pocket"AFAIK

The fare plan is to continue to charge the double fare from vaughan, even on the subway. The one exception is that you will be able to travel to York U without the double fare. As soon as you hit Finch west however, you are paying a second fare.

its largely why the TTC is implementing tap out for the subway system soon. If you tap on at Highway 407 or Vaughan Centre station, but don't tap off at Pioneer Village or York U, you will automatically charged a second fare.

Back