Last edited:
With the streetcars returning on September 3rd... wont this have to be installed before that date ?
The cables and power have to be there, but the interior of the bridge doesn't need to be complete then.

Today.
IMG_5148.JPG
IMG_5149.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5148.JPG
    IMG_5148.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 382
  • IMG_5149.JPG
    IMG_5149.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 398
That was quick.

Not quick at all. Given that they're only assembling something that has already been prefabricated, this is taking much longer than you'd expect it to take. They're assembling an average of one rib every 2-3 days. Don't put these guys in charge of assembling a Poäng Chair.

About 40% of the ribs are assembled. Looking up close, you can see that this bridge is of high quality. They built it to very small tolerances. Every little part fits in tightly like an expensive puzzle. I can't wait to see the glazing and the bronze finishes!

IMG_0163.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 375
Since nobody visits the Retail forum, and the Eaton Centre has had a highly discussed LED sign, I thought I'd put this here:

Shoppers (former Hard Rock Cafe) is building a curved LED display across from the Eaton Centre that looks way better than the multiple paper billboards that were there before. Slowly, this place is actually turning into Times Square (though we're a few decades from catching up).

img_0170-jpg.110761

I was down there today and from the looks of things they seem to be getting ready to put the bridge in place sometime soon and continue the work with it up in the air between the two buildings.
35057639105_065616bfe4_z_d.jpg

34893547162_9e9a4e45b9_z_d.jpg

Alos they have anew temporary sign over the south end doors on the support scaffolding.

35057639325_4c47dc1b15_z_d.jpg

Some support scaffolding has gone up in front of the entrance to the Bay as well.

Since nobody visits the Retail forum, and the Eaton Centre has had a highly discussed LED sign, I thought I'd put this here:

Shoppers (former Hard Rock Cafe) is building a curved LED display across from the Eaton Centre that looks way better than the multiple paper billboards that were there before. Slowly, this place is actually turning into Times Square (though we're a few decades from catching up).

Awesome! That's the silver lining of Shoppers moving in

Back