What's also interesting (and relating to the issue of eastward extension of high quality retail) in the article is the facade/interior renovation next door (33 Bloor East)

AoD

The 33 bloor render is done for CBRE to attract tenant. No application for building alteration to the ground floor has been submitted yet. I'd take the pretty render with a grain of salt as it could change to meet new prospective tenant's demand, for better or worse.

The 33 bloor render is done for CBRE to attract tenant. No application for building alteration to the ground floor has been submitted yet. I'd take the pretty render with a grain of salt as it could change to meet new prospective tenant's demand, for better or worse.
Yeah, pretty common for commercial real estate to commission prospective artwork for locations they want to sell or lease (I was once hired by Cushman to do some for a property on Ossington). It's basically, "this is what you can do with the property, but the owner doesn't want to put out any money."

35070636530_5f22a7393b_k.jpg

Building's been registered for a while now. Still no balcony use, lobby isn't finished either. Amenities are still under construction. How this is allowed to happen is beyond me.
It is indeed very disappointing, but I thought lobby will remain this way. What else needs to be finished? It is not much of a lobby anyway, most smaller buildings in the area have larger and more impressive lobby.

Back