vic

Member Bio
Reaction score
This came via a local Facebook group:

Please share this information with your neighbours

Gairloch Developments, the owner of 2639 Dundas Street West, the current site of Active Green and Ross, will be holding a pre-application meeting to discuss their proposed plans for this site.

The proposal includes an 8-storey mid-rise building fronting Dundas Street West. Proposed are 93 residential units and 52 parking spaces in an underground parking garage.

Date: Thursday, November 2, 2017
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Place: 3rd Floor Staff Room
Bishop Marrocco/Thomas Merton Catholic Secondary School
1515 Bloor St W (Bloor St W and Dundas St W)

Both Councillor Perks and City Planning Staff will be in attendance.

If you are unable to attend the meeting and are interested in providing comment and/or receiving more detailed information, please email Councillor Perks office at councillor_perks@toronto.ca.

Councillor Gord Perks Office
Ward 14, Parkdale High-Park

Map: https://goo.gl/maps/LmFiBSNedjE2
Developer: http://www.gairloch.ca/

That's this building, opposite the Dupont underpass;

Green&Ross.jpg

Attachments

• Green&Ross.jpg
    Green&Ross.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 5,241
upload_2017-10-16_15-36-53.png

upload_2017-10-16_15-37-47.png

upload_2017-10-16_15-39-14.png

upload_2017-10-16_15-41-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-16_15-36-53.png
    upload_2017-10-16_15-36-53.png
    966.4 KB · Views: 3,852
  • upload_2017-10-16_15-37-47.png
    upload_2017-10-16_15-37-47.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,376
  • upload_2017-10-16_15-39-14.png
    upload_2017-10-16_15-39-14.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,356
  • upload_2017-10-16_15-41-24.png
    upload_2017-10-16_15-41-24.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,374
Excellent, I've been waiting for this for years. Such a key intersection should not be so utterly bleak. Now we just need a proposal for the Money Mart and Coffee Time that are right on opposite corners.

Excellent, I've been waiting for this for years. Such a key intersection should not be so utterly bleak. Now we just need a proposal for the Money Mart and Coffee Time that are right on opposite corners.

Actually, they're not. Coffee Time is at Dundas and Annette. Money Mart was at Dundas and Keele, but it recently closed.

There is also a proposal for the other side of the street. I know it involves the Westown Chinese Restaurant and flower shop, can't remember if it involves Coffee Time but I think it does.

Would be great to see Planet Storage just on the other side of the tracks converted to residential as well. Bring more life to the railpath.

However to increase the density like this something has to be done to the traffic triangle. I'm not a traffic expert so I'm not sure what.

The Planet Storage building is bringing more important life to the neighbourhood: Employment. I'm glad we're still preserving some employment areas around here. Freshbooks is in that building, and they employ over 200 people I believe. There's also studio space in there. I'd rather see other uses than storing peoples' crap :) but that building serves an excellent non-residential function in the 'hood.

Agree regarding planet storage.
Good news all around for this site. Such an eyesore currently. Seems like a tricky but good midrise site. Any word on the architecture? Apparently Perks has had transportation staff studying this intersection for awhile and there are plans underway to reorganize it and straighten it out.
Hopefully we get something similar to 383 Sorauren here.
This and the Slate project across/up the street will really form a gateway into the Junction kinda feel.

The Planet Storage building is bringing more important life to the neighbourhood: Employment. I'm glad we're still preserving some employment areas around here. Freshbooks is in that building, and they employ over 200 people I believe. There's also studio space in there. I'd rather see other uses than storing peoples' crap :) but that building serves an excellent non-residential function in the 'hood.

My mistake. Thought it was just storage.

would've expected for more height here given the absence of a consistent Right Of Way on this stretch of dundas w the traffic island and the metrolinx lands.

Back