They are still pumping water out onto Granville. Hopefully they will take full advantage of the situation and create a water feature. Nonetheless, I likey very much.

Dec 30, 2007

corner3.jpg

corner2.jpg

corner-1.jpg

dealership.jpg

sheets.jpg

The windows do indeed have a staggered design, this could be a refreshing change.
I'm wondering if they are holding back on moving ahead with the south tower to help keep the cranes clear of each other?

Don't know if i'm alone here but I find that there are too many separations in the windows and using larger expanses of glass as seen on the fashion district lofts would have greatly improved the look of this project. It seemed like the look of this tower was to be more glassy than spire but its turning out a bit more cluttered than expected.

January 9th Update

The staggered windows are a welcome change

PICT1153.jpg

PICT1155.jpg

PICT1159.jpg

This one has a lot riding on whether they paint the exposed concrete under the balconies ... figured crossed but I do not have high hopes.

Hmm I kinda wondered if I'd seen that bum with the obelisk before, lol. I'm not a detail-oriented person and since I find Bay St rather bleak, I usually stay away from it, or when I do walk down it it's at night.

So yeah, I live in Toronto but have never worked on Bay St, nor had a real desire to go anywhere East of University Avenue.

I guess a better question would be why is he pulling it?

I think the windows on this one look good so far. It will take more to get the full idea, but so far it is not that bad.

Back