Opening soon:
Avling Brewery at 1042 Queen St E
High Park Brewery at 839 Runnymede
The Six Brewhouse at 777 Dundas W
Amsterdam Barrel House at 87 Laird
The Craft Beer Market at 1 Adelaide E

In talks:
Collective Arts at 241 Augusta

This map is usually the best resource, courtesy Mom & Hops: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=19_J0rc7npBK2dKMzcCrdki7efDo&ll=43.658347418388594,-79.46738412409667&z=14

Last edited:
What? When? I really don't think it has been closed.

That post was from a while back. The place was closed for about 4-6 months, just re-opened back around December, under a new legal name (same DBA it looks like). To be fair, they still ahven't served anything that has been brewed on site due to red tape and other reasons. Note: I've recently seen some Real Estate ads listing the building for sale with brewery equipment included.

That post was from a while back. The place was closed for about 4-6 months, just re-opened back around December, under a new legal name (same DBA it looks like). To be fair, they still ahven't served anything that has been brewed on site due to red tape and other reasons. Note: I've recently seen some Real Estate ads listing the building for sale with brewery equipment included.

Do you have any insight into the reasons why they've never been able to brew on site despite having all the equipment?

Do you have any insight into the reasons why they've never been able to brew on site despite having all the equipment?

The initial reason had something to do with zoning. A brewery is considered industrial, but they were located in a multi-story residential building. I've heard mixed things if they had this sorted out in time, and haven't been back in a long while to chat (their amazingly knowledgeable bartender moved on, the manager stayed, no idea about the head brewer).

The initial reason had something to do with zoning. A brewery is considered industrial, but they were located in a multi-story residential building. I've heard mixed things if they had this sorted out in time, and haven't been back in a long while to chat (their amazingly knowledgeable bartender moved on, the manager stayed, no idea about the head brewer).

The zoning confuses me because there are other brewpubs with residential above them yet they don't seem to have any zoning obstacles placed in front of them.

Lots of hubbub on Twitter from some of the beer community. It's actually just a contract brew, everything right now is actually brewed at Brunswick Bierworks. There are plans to do start onsite in 2019, though.

They FINALLY got their brewing license after 3 years of stagnation. They're renovating the space starting next week and re-opening in early May as Lot 30 Brewers.

https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2018/03/lot-30-brewery-toronto-license-toronto/

It has been a little while since I've had time to give it some attention. I will give it another update sometime soon though, so let me know about anything new that's not already posted abut above!

Back