I really can't believe that is the finished product? Can it be true? I thought this was going to be an 'art piece' or something. Appalling!

yeah, what's with the black at the bottom. That is a big departure from the renderings, which seem to show a mix of black and windows.

This project is just an outright embarrassment. Then again, 80% of the projects that have gone up in the entertainment district fit this bill as well so what's new.

Avert your eyes from this one, folks, it's HIDEOUS!

I would really love to see a Toronto version of Godzilla rampaging through the ET district, knocking over everything in plain site.

Maybe Guillermo del Toro can be persuaded to set one of his giant monster flicks here--hell the director practically lives in Toronto.

Last edited:
That is pretty awful, the level of thoughtlessness you would expect from a facade facing a service entrance or back alley. What happened to the original concept, shameful how they cut corners here, especially right downtown. Unless of course this is a canvas for some sort of design feature or pubic art..?

For an example of an engaging podium that manages to be completely different and yet complementary to its heritage context, take a look at this building in Melbourne. Taken from Google Streetview. Why can't we have daring designs like this?

Attachments

• Melbourne 1.png
    Melbourne 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 335
For an example of an engaging podium that manages to be completely different and yet complementary to its heritage context, take a look at this building in Melbourne. Taken from Google Streetview. Why can't we have daring designs like this?

I dunno, I much prefer both Tableau and Picasso to that Melbourne tower, and we have loads of examples of great heritage retention and integration in the city.

87 Peter is a travesty, but it's not all bad in the neighbourhood.

The tower is still under construction. I'll remain hopeful some art piece separate from the structure/cladding will be placed on top of it.

The tower is still under construction. I'll remain hopeful some art piece separate from the structure/cladding will be placed on top of it.

You're right.
The black panel installed right now is the underside of the "aluminum plate artwork panel".
From what I know, this is to be installed at the end of March.

Source: looking directly at the cladding shop drawings.

Some stuff was being put on top of the black panels when I was walking by earlier, looked sort of like swirls. Will get a pic tomorrow on the way to work

This is what the "artwork" is supposed to look like.

87pjpg.jpg

Hopefully, I'm allowed to post that. :p

Attachments

• 87pjpg.jpg
    87pjpg.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 450

Back